I Used S-Curl While Deep Conditioning, It Worked!

LocksOfLuV

Today before I added some conditioner to my hair, ( I clarified and did a protein before) I sprayed my newgrowth with some Scurl. I am 8 weeks post relaxer (with LOOOTS of newgrowth not to mention I am texlaxed:cool: ) and had some scurl left and I thought "What the who, why not." Now my dry hair does not like Scurl on dry hair-it leaves it sticky, dull with a lot of build-up.

So I rinsed and started my first detangling session in the shower-The comb slid right through my newgrowth!:eek: So then after rinsing, I added my leave-in plus some oil, and then sprayed my newgrowth again with some Scurl. I started my detangling session again, with my jilbere to get the big knots and then moved down to my smaller detanging comb for the small knots. Detangling was miraculously easy!!! The Scurl helped my hair stay wet during the detangling process and it added lots of slip. I will def. be doing this again.

I don't know how it will look after I am airdried (I airdry) and my newgrowth looks a little curlier than normal (a la Jherri:lachen: ) but nothing that a little kemi oyl (or your straightening product of choice) once dry wouldn't take care of. Plus it's not a big noticable issue at all.

I def. recommend this to anyone having problems stretching or naturals having trouble with detangling and want to try something new. I will be buying some Scurl to replace my old bottle, which I thought I would never do.

Hmmm, I've only used my S-Curl on dry hair and it was sort of sticky. I'll have to try it on wet hair the next time I wash. Thanks for the tip, I wouldn't have thought to try that!

preciousjewel76 said:
Hmmm, I've only used my S-Curl on dry hair and it was sort of sticky. I'll have to try it on wet hair the next time I wash. Thanks for the tip, I wouldn't have thought to try that!

Girl me too, but I hope my hair doesn't airdry like that, but I doubt it. I think you should really try it.:)

do you think S-Curl in the tub/jar would work on the new growth. I am 9weeks post, and I can't stand the amount of hair that comes our in detangling, so I am going to relax next week. I have the gel, do you think that would work also?

ritzbitz78 said:
do you think S-Curl in the tub/jar would work on the new growth. I am 9weeks post, and I can't stand the amount of hair that comes our in detangling, so I am going to relax next week. I have the gel, do you think that would work also?

HMMM Honestly, I didn't know SCurl came in a jar. Can you find a pic online and post it here to show me which one you have?

LocksOfLuV said:
Girl me too, but I hope my hair doesn't airdry like that, but I doubt it. I think you should really try it.:)

I won't be too upset if I try it and my NG comes out curly. Shoot, I used to have a LEISURE CURL:eek: back in the day, I think I can manage!

I use S-Curl on my new growth also but on dry hair; I will have to try it on wet. I am almost 6 month strethch and trying to keep all my new growth alive.

preciousjewel76 said:
I won't be too upset if I try it and my NG comes out curly. Shoot, I used to have a LEISURE CURL:eek: back in the day, I think I can manage!

I just took off my scarf and it is airdrying as normal as it can for 8 weeks post relaxer.:lol:

So, you should be fine too.

I can attest to the wonders of S-Curl...It never straightens my new growth but it stretches out my new growth a bit and makes it a LOT more manageable. I get a beautiful wavy result when using S-curl. I always apply it to my wet hair after conditioning and WOW is all I can say.
12wks8-vi.jpg

Babygurl said:
I can attest to the wonders of S-Curl...It never straightens my new growth but it stretches out my new growth a bit and makes it a LOT more manageable. I get a beautiful wavy result when using S-curl. I always apply it to my wet hair after conditioning and WOW is all I can say.
12wks8-vi.jpg

OMG...:love: :love: Beautiful hair...Though I doubt my 4b hair will ever look like that yours is so pretty!

LocksOfLuV said:
OMG...:love: :love: Beautiful hair...Though I doubt my 4b hair will ever look like that yours is so pretty!

Thanks so much, but believe it or not my crown is a 4b and has no curl pattern whatsoever (you can kind of see it in the picture), but I fake it well because Im 4a in the front. My friend is a 4b and Ive gotten her 4b hair to wave up also with S-curl and Fantasia gel, just be sure to brush into place and then put on a scarf so u dont disturb the pattern and let it dry.

Babygurl said:
12wks8-vi.jpg

I am currently 7 weeks post and will be 8 weeks on wednesday and I got this look once and I really don't know what I put in my head to get this look but I have been trying to get it again and have'nt especially when I start approaching 8 weeks plus...Do you spray the scurl in your hair while it's wet, that's all you do and nothing else? pleaassssssseeeee share:grin:

tsmith said:
I am currently 7 weeks post and will be 8 weeks on wednesday and I got this look once and I really don't know what I put in my head to get this look but I have been trying to get it again and have'nt especially when I start approaching 8 weeks plus...Do you spray the scurl in your hair while it's wet, that's all you do and nothing else? pleaassssssseeeee share:grin:

Once I rinse out my conditioner I apply whatever leave-ins I use, usually Hair Milk, the I spray S-Curl on my wet hair not a LOT but enough to make it slippery. Then I apply Fantasia IC gel to the egdes and nape of my hair..I then brush with a soft boar bristle brush into a bun. This usually produces a pretty good wave pattern. Then I tie it up until dry. Thats it!

Oh I've got to try this! I tried the S-Curl on my dry new growth. It works wonders but I too don't like the way it makes my hair feel. Thanks. This sounds like a keeper tip!

january noir said:
Oh I've got to try this! I tried the S-Curl on my dry new growth. It works wonders but I too don't like the way it makes my

Please do, my hair turned out really nice this morning.

Thank you Den1:D

Thanks ladies:) I am 12 weeks post and I now have my own kinky jungle:lol: I was going to try s-curl on my wet hair but I was scared. Now I know it can work, so off I go.
BabyGurl, I'm so glad you're back! Your hair looks great!!!

I know this is an old post, but I think I will be trying this during my relaxer stretches for easy detangling. I already washed my hair for the day, but my next wash, S-Curl, here you come baby.

I only use S curl on wet hair. I'm hoping that this will help me in my transition from relaxed to texlaxed.

I have a bottle of S-curl left...I'm going to try it under my FOTE Aloe Vera Gel and see what the result is. :sekret:

This is one of my staples!!!! I don't dare put it on dry hair (yucky). Every time I wash my hair, I spray this in my hair as a leave in, and it stays moisturized all day. If i don't feel like spraying, I just use the gel one. A lil bit goes a long way, and it's just perfect for my TWA. Not trying to have too much stuff right now, i'm on the K.I.S.S motto LOL I know as time goes on, I WILL be tempted to try a whole motherload of stuffs, but S-Curl will STILL be a staple for me i HOPE LOL

Back