** I Used My Curlformers on My Natural Hair: Love the Results! **

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
Hey, gang:

I bought a bunch of Curlformers back in April when I was a year into my transition and the results turned out great ... until the humidity made my curls go *POOF*. So now that I'm 100% natural, I wanted to try it again.

I co-washed with Suave Tropical Coconut conditioner, then deep conditioned 30 minutes with heat with Kenra MC.

Shot of my naked curls before the Curlformers
111908Curlformers01-vi.jpg

I spritzed my hair with my aloe vera juice / glycerin mix to keep my hair wet, applied Sabino Moisture Block all over then applied the Curlformers. I airdried my hair overnight by sleeping in these ... hella uncomfortable by the way!
111908Curlformers02-vi.jpg

Shot of the Curlformers this morning (sorry so blurry).
111908Curlformers05-vi.jpg

Better shot
111908Curlformers06-vi.jpg

Other side
111908Curlformers07-vi.jpg

Shot of my hair after finger combing and smoothing the roots with a boar bristle brush.
111908Curlformers08-vi.jpg

Side shot
111908Curlformers09-vi.jpg

Other side
111908Curlformers10-vi.jpg

Front shot. I actually ended up smoothing the front even more, so it's not as frizzy looking.
111908Curlformers11-vi.jpg

So as you can see, they straightened my natural hair very well ... and I didn't even use heat. Gotta love that!

But we'll see if the curls hold up by the end of the day. Hopefully, the Sabino will handle the frizz for me. :look:

Just wanted to share.

Very pretty...Wow...It looks like your hair was heat-straightened and curled. How do these things achieve that effect?

Your results are beautiful, did you have a problem sliding your hair through? Those things almost ripped my hair out from the scalp, I had a horrible experience with them and sold them immediately.

Very pretty! Glad you found a way to straighten without heat. By the way I love your Wash N Go too.

OP, your hair looks beautiful!
Your results are beautiful, did you have a problem sliding your hair through? Those things almost ripped my hair out from the scalp, I had a horrible experience with them and sold them immediately.
I was wondering this too. I tried it out on a mannequin at Sally's and I think I ripped out a few of it's hairs. :look:That's when I decided to put the hook down and walk away lol

Well, you know I love your natural curls (which are prettier than anything Curlformers can do), but you did a great job with the Curlformers. :up:

Thanks so much for the compliments, ladies. :grin:

Very pretty...Wow...It looks like your hair was heat-straightened and curled. How do these things achieve that effect?

That's a good question. I think the tension of the roller helps to pull the hair taut and straight. Then it just dries that way (at least for me it did).

The key for me was keeping my hair uber moisturized (hence the spritz). The silicones in the Sabino helped to give it slip too.

Cute Cute Cute!! Does your hair airdry better with the SMB?

Well ... not necessarily. My hair airdries pretty well anyway, so I don't know if the SBM really made a difference.

You have beautiful hair. You make me want to go natural. I always thought natural hair couldn't achieve silky soft results in wet sets as the relaxed hair but you proved me wrong. Absolutely gorgeous!

Back