I used heat today for the first time in ages . . . .

Glib Gurl

I used a curling iron this morning to make some bangs. After months of being on this board, I was completely scurred of using heat, but you know what? My hair came out so good! Not to worry -- I won't start making this an everyday thing. But I think all of the treatments I have been using on my hair are really making a difference in the quality of the hair.

That's all . . . just wanted to share.

Glib

P.S. - I also used a hairdryer last night -- again for the first time in ages. :sekret:

LOL! I haven't used heat in about a month and I am sooo tempted to do it! I probably may flatiron it within the next couple weeks just to track progress though. I just don't want to go back to my bad habits... :nono:

I am glad it worked out for you. I know what you mean. I am scared of using heat now myself :lol: I do not know what I am going to do when I achieve the length I want. What...wear it up ALL THE TIME? I am paranoid now!! It is all good though. Good for the hair.

using heat once in awhile proves harmless...atleast for me anywayz:cool:

but I just don't want to slowly get back into that bad habit of using HEAT to maintain my hair.

Congrats! post some pics soon. i too haven't used heat in months. not because i'm scared of the damage (i know how to prevent it) but because i'm extremely lazy. I've been living on twistouts and i love it. i'll use heat when it gets cold outside.

InnerSoul said:
using heat once in awhile proves harmless...atleast for me anywayz:cool:

but I just don't want to slowly get back into that bad habit of using HEAT to maintain my hair.

I agree with what you said here!

I know for a fact my hair LOVES heat! It is so shiny and soft when I would use it. My stylist would say that everytime she did my hair.

While the appearance of my hair responds well to the heat, I realized that if my hair was going to grow healthier and faster I would have to cut back/eliminate direct heat.

It was a challenge the first week or so because my hair was not as glossy and soft but after my hair realized I wasn't giving in, it actually started to get that heat-applied look. I would just "Caruso" it and wrap it with silk/satin scarf and now it submits - not to mention is thicker and is noticeably growing.

I tried to blow dry my hair the other and because I haven't used it in over 9 months, I was so frustrated and gave it up. I wouldn't even dare to tackle a curling iron or flat iron. I have no patience for them.

And where are the pics?!?!

Do you feel that because your hair did well with heat that you are going to use it more? Was heat ever a problem for you?

Back