I use Kera Care and my Hair is soooo DRY!

choqlat1

I just had to cut 2 inches off of my hair to remove very dry, brittle, permed and color treated hair. I really need your help on the types of products that will allow my hair to grow. I am a 4b and am using Kera Care and Chi products only and I wash 2 times per week (oh and I also work out 4 days a week mon - thurs). I would like your insight on what types of changes I may need to incorporate for my hair type: to maintain moisture, grow, and be healthy... Any recommendations?

I realize there is a forum to assist with us newbies, but I am looking for specifics for my hair type - Kera Care may not be it.

Thanks Ladies - You guys are always offering great insight!:grin:

choqlat1 said:
I just had to cut 2 inches off of my hair to remove very dry, brittle, permed and color treated hair. I really need your help on the types of products that will allow my hair to grow. I am a 4b and am using Kera Care and Chi products only and I wash 2 times per week (oh and I also work out 4 days a week mon - thurs). I would like your insight on what types of changes I may need to incorporate for my hair type: to maintain moisture, grow, and be healthy... Any recommendations?

I realize there is a forum to assist with us newbies, but I am looking for specifics for my hair type - Kera Care may not be it.

Thanks Ladies - You guys are always offering great insight!:grin:

Welcome to the Forum! Would you provide us with more details on your regimen? What kind of relaxer are you using? Are you using the regular Keracare or the version for color treated hair? You mentioned Chi products. Are you using the Chi flat iron also?

Finally, are you drinking enough water? And are you taking a multi-vitamin or hair vitamin?

If you provide us with more details, then the LHCF members will be able to offer you some helpful suggestions!

Here's my deal:

I eat what I want (and that doesn't equal healthy, but I am not a TERRIBLE eater). I drink water all day throughout the day, but it sounds like I should up my anti in order to hang with you ladies....

No vitamins but will be taking some hair and nail vitamins and have thought about purchasing some biotin vitamins as well.

I kickbox monday - thurs. for 1 hour per day

-I wash my hair on Monday and Thursday evenings:
-2-3 shampoos with Kera Care Hydrating Shampoo
-Kera Care Humecto & go under the dryer for 10, 15, or 20 minutes
-Rinse in Cool water
-Chi Keratin Mist all over
-(just started) Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructerizer Spray
-Chi Silk Infusion - rub in
-(just started) Kera Care Silken Seal (rub in)
-AND - I apply a small amount of a homemade oil which is made up of Peanut, Sesame, Olive, Wheat Germ, Sweet Almond, Jojoba, Aloe Vera, and Coconut Oil.
-ALL of the rub in products I detailed are applied in moderation - I dont use an excessive amount.
-Then, I either air dry or sit under the dryer, neither changes the look of feel of my hair.
-Lastly, I flat iron my hair with a Chi iron.

Now, with my short hair cut (a bob at my ears), I use rollers at night.

Also, I noticed girls using MTG. How does that stuff work. Do you put it on at night an wash in the morning? I am confused on what I've read in this forum.

I truly appreciate any insight you all can offer. Thanks again~:)

I am not a vetaran but I will tell you that Keracare did not work for me. I went back to using Kenra. I also get a Ion Mositure pack from Sally's and do a deep condition with that sitting under the dryer. Your oil mixture sounds good ( seems like a lot) but try using a hot oil treatment.

You are using too much protein and heat in my opinion

I wash my hair on Monday and Thursday evenings:

-Chi Keratin Mist all over
-(just started) Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea Restructerizer Spray

-Lastly, I flat iron my hair with a Chi iron.

I wouldn't use those Keratin sprays so often, especially 2 at one time, and definately not using the iron more than one time per week if that.

I was thinking the same thing about your regimen. I use a protein leave in on my hair but only 1 at a time. It also looks like the Chi Silk Infusion and Keracare Silken Seal do the same job. Are you using them at the same time?

I agree... Cut the heat and maybe use the protein once a week at the most if your hair is damaged. If it's not, shift your focus to moisture. You may want to try an ORS Olive Oil Conditioning Pak for a great conditioner. I always recommend the pack because it's cheap and effective, and if you don't like it you aren't stuck with a whole bottle. :)

MissB said:
I was thinking the same thing about your regimen. I use a protein leave in on my hair but only 1 at a time. It also looks like the Chi Silk Infusion and Keracare Silken Seal do the same job. Are you using them at the same time?

Okay so...it sounds like a I am an idiot on this topic of healthy hair and hair growth :mad: . Help me out ladies - so, Keratin is a protein? If so, I am not sure why my stylist told me to spray it on my head each time I wash. I am a little disappointed. She actually recommended that I no longer wash my hair - but let's be clear, I am using the regimen she gave me (with the exception of doubling up on some new products I purchased - (the Keratin mists and the Silk Infusion and Silk and Seal).

I need to revisit my regimen and find what works best for my hair type.

In removing some of my overkill in product usage - would you ladies say that washing twice per week is too much?

I truly appreciate your help!

There is nothing wrong with washing twice per week. Some of the ladies on this forum do a conditioner wash for the second wash. You can do a search on this for more details.

You could use one serum on wet hair (Silken Seal) and the other one (Silk Infusion) for dry hair as a heat protectant before flat ironing.

Back