I try to acknowledge dumb folks, but yesterday, I didn't

• Thread starter Thread starter Bublnbrnsuga
  • Start date Start date
B

Bublnbrnsuga

Okay, so me and the FH are at this new mall in an elite area of Tennessee and we go up in Dillards, to the fragrance department. Well there's this black dude with cornrows in the female fragrance department. He shows me where the new Escada perfumes were and then says the dumbest thing imaginable. In his best Miss J voice, 'girl you gotta good grade of hur. I know you hate that cause you can't do nothing with it.' I kept talking about the perfume, I mean how was I gonna respond to that? When folks make dumb statements and they realize that the statement was dumb, I try to make them feel better by giving that fake chuckle (ha) or just smiling (I smile too dang much). I don't know though- when someone says something dumb to me in any arena of my life, I feel embarrassed, not just for them, but for myself,too. I need to start practicing my 'you crazy' look.:lol:

Bubln, I just rolled my eyes so far back in my head :p What can you say to a crazy thing like that?
Oh, and I definitely have a "you must be crazy" look :look:

That's kinda funny, kinda. I mean I guess he was complimenting you with the "good hur" comment but then what's up with the you can't do anything with it comment? "Your hair is lovely" would have been sufficient. Sometimes it's just best that people say nothing at all.:ohwell:

Bublnbrnsuga said:
Okay, so me and the FH are at this new mall in an elite area of Tennessee and we go up in Dillards, to the fragrance department. Well there's this black dude with cornrows in the female fragrance department. He shows me where the new Escada perfumes were and then says the dumbest thing imaginable. In his best Miss J voice, 'girl you gotta good grade of hur. I know you hate that cause you can't do nothing with it.' I kept talking about the perfume, I mean how was I gonna respond to that? When folks make dumb statements and they realize that the statement was dumb, I try to make them feel better by giving that fake chuckle (ha) or just smiling (I smile too dang much). I don't know though- when someone says something dumb to me in any arena of my life, I feel embarrassed, not just for them, but for myself,too. I need to start practicing my 'you crazy' look.:lol:

Depending on my mood, I would have asked. "What do you mean by that? I mean, how you KNOW I can't do nothin' with it?" LOL!

By the way, I absolutely ADORE Escada fragrances!

I would have put that fool in his place and made him realize how stupid and ignorant it sounded. Sometimes people like this who have NO IDEA how stupid they sound NEED to be schooled(but it a nice way. :sekret: ). We have to stop letting these ignorant people run around this world spreading stupidity like a disease!

secretdiamond said:
I would have put that fool in his place and made him realize how stupid and ignorant it sounded. Sometimes people like this who have NO IDEA how stupid they sound NEED to be schooled(but it a nice way. :sekret: ). We have to stop letting these ignorant people run around this world spreading stupidity like a disease!

Does the ignorance never cease?

A good grade of hair, hur? Pathetic.

secretdiamond said:

My FH did. He corrected dude and was like 'she believes everyone has good hair.':)

In Black Sophisticates Hair magazine last month they said something about "good hair" in the article about Olivia from G-unit. They said because she has two different ethnicities in her that her hair doesn't need much work and that its "good hair".

Now I think we need to work on these magazines as well so ignorant people like that dude in Dillards will know better.

mscounselor said:
In Black Sophisticates Hair magazine last month they said something about "good hair" in the article about Olivia from G-unit. They said because she has two different ethnicities in her that her hair doesn't need much work and that its "good hair".

You have got to be kidding me. SBH has sunk to an all-time low. I used to read that magazine faithfully a few years back. I stopped reading it b/c they feature nothing but weaved up celebrities. Anyway, back to the subject at hand. The good hair comments can be quite annoying and embarrassing. I cringe whenever I hear anyone mention "good hair". Unfortunately, I don't think the bad hair/good hair thing will ever cease to exist.

SilkyandSmooth said:
You have got to be kidding me. SBH has sunk to an all-time low. I used to read that magazine faithfully a few years back. I stopped reading it b/c they feature nothing but weaved up celebrities. Anyway, back to the subject at hand. The good hair comments can be quite annoying and embarrassing. I cringe whenever I hear anyone mention "good hair". Unfortunately, I don't think the bad hair/good hair thing will ever cease to exist.

Ha! Black Sophisticates made a reference to "good hair", huh? Way to go!

And we're so concerned about the Asians selling no good hair products to us!

Black people themselves can't seem to get past the fact there is nothing wrong with our hair. Why should anybody else?

I may have mentioned this already, but my sister and I recently visited an Asian run black beauty supply. The only advertisements they had in the window were for fake hair, and for products to make your hair grow long.

NOTHING ELSE!

Back