I took the plunge and TEXLAXED!!! *pics*

mizzdee

Hi Ladies!

I don’t post here that often but I'm so excited and I wanted to share. A little background: I’m 4a/b and I’ve been natural most of my life. About 4 years ago I found the boards and started to change some of my bad hair habits (emphasis on some :look:). My setbacks came from excessive heat usage. I prefer straight looks and I straighten my hair every wash (once every 2-3 weeks)…:burning:

Last year I laid of my FHI and I saw my hair thrive but due to an inconsistent work schedule...I went back to straightening because it was easier for me to manage.

Today (after researching for months) I decided to stop being a scardy cat and TEXLAX. You guys, I LOVE the results. So far, I can detangle in less than 15 minutes, I use less product and my hair still has its ringlets. I’m in love. :love:

I used:
Silk Elements Mild Relaxer w/Shea Butter (1/2 jar)
Desert Essence Jojoba Oil (2 tbsp)
Silk Elements Mega Cholesterol Treatment (2 tbsp)

I combined all my ingredients and applied to hair in 6 sections. I originally did the strand test for 15 minutes and liked the results but after the relaxer was in my hair I panicked and rinsed it out after 10. It turned out to be perfect timing.

I’m hoping this post will help those who are too scared to take the plunge like me. My only caution would be to really watch the relaxer when it’s in your hair…even with extra oil and conditioner added, it processed faster than I thought.

Anyways, I’m so very happy with my results and I just wanted to share with you ladies!

Last edited:
PICS!!!!!!

I attached pics of my hair....it still has conditioner in it :spinning:.

After I applied the relaxer. I rinsed realllyyyy good and slathered on Apoghee 2 Minute Keratin Reconstructor. Then, I shampooed with a neutralizing shampoo (Motions) and deep conditioned with Aveda Dry Remedy and a plastic cap. It's been over and hour and the conditioner is still marinating. I'll take more pics of the finished product!

Last edited:
Your results look BEAUTIFUL! I would've seriously thought that was your natural texture if you hadn't told me otherwise. :)

WOW! It looks great! How did you know when to rinse out? And what are you going to do for yournext wash to prevent run off? (If I ever decide to relax I'm def. going to texlax instead)

I'm glad you found your "happy place"... It's great when you are very excited an happy with the decision you made... BTW, it looks great!!

Back