I took my braids out

Lee

I had my cornrolls in for about 6 weeks and I received 2 inches of new growth. I'm currently transitioning and I must say I love the way my new growth feel and look. This is my hair regimen after taking out my braids

Pre-shampoo with castor oil and 3 in 1 oil by profectiv (overnight).
Wash my hair with a clarifying shampoo by Tressemme (sp)?
Condition wash with Pantene S&S, let sit for 5 mins
Reconstructor by ION leave on 25 mins with heating cap
Leave in conditioner (hair insurance by Aussie)
Used WGO and Mango Butter for moisture and air dried my hair
When my hair was completely dry, I clipped my ends. I had to flat iron my hair to make sure I clipped all of the rough ends. Also, I used Proclaim 7 oil for flat ironing. I like this oil, it is very moisturizing.

I created a shea butter mixture for my new growth on dry hair. I will use this nightly before I go to bed.

Unrefined shea butter, pantene S&S, proclaim 7 oil and Glyercin. I don't have the correct measurements, I made it until it had a smooth consistency. I also use this for my ends. I love it.

How often did you wash your hair while it was in cornrows? Was it the same cornrows for all 6 wks? How did you get it to stay neat? Sorry about all the questions, but I'm really considering cornrows as my next hair move to keep it away from me and the elements during the winter.

TIA
ms_kenesha
smile.gif

wow, 2 inches in 6 weeks! congrats . I get individual braids a lot and only get 1/2-1 in in 6 weeks, as long as I keep them clean and moisturized of course. I wish I could get that much NG, but we're all different. besides 1/2-1 inch ain't so bad
laugh.gif

ive had my cornies in for 4 weeks, i think, i know i got them done during the wanna be hurricane and here i am today with them still in, so i think thats 4 weeks about.

anyway, i have about 1 inch of growth. i wash my hair every sunday and thursday with cream of nature detangling shampoo and moisturize with wild growth oil and ORS olive oil moisturizer. no conditioner because its too hard to get out when it gets stuck in the braids
smile.gif

Thank you ladies for all of your responses. As for Serei I received the hair growth during the braids.

To Ms. Kenesha

I washed my hair one time during the cornrows, I didin't have much time to wash them so I relied on seabreeze and my oil mixture made with (peppermit oil, coconut, almond Jojoba, Avocado and olive oil) to put on my scalp. I also used a wonderful spray by Dark and Lovely called citrus braid spray. This braid spray keeps my hair moisturized and shiney. To keep the frizzes down I would wrap my hair in a satin scraf before going to bed. I didn't get my hair touched up at all, I would only do that if I plan on leaving them in for about 2 months. When you get your cornrows done tell them you want medium size. The smaller braids tend to lift up in the front too early. Another tip I would advise is to buy 100% tea tree oil. This oil helped heal slight abrasions (I have a sensitive scalp). I hope this information helps you get the braid style of your choice.

Back