I told someone about this site today!

monie20032007

Hopefully she will check it out. I told her this is a good website to go to and it has helpful tips for all kinds of hair whether you are relaxed, natural or transitioning. We got to talking about how we were both transitioning to natural and how long we had been transitioning. She was 4 months along and im 10 months along. Its was so exciting!!!!! She asked me what products I used and other things of that nature. She even told me where a good natural salon is. OMG it was like I finally had someone to relate to since im the only Black person where I work. I think we even go to the same school so maybe I will see her around campus too =)

Good for you! Not only will she benefit from the site but you guys can help each other along on your journey. It will be like your own personal Niko's cousin:yep:

wow ur so lucky, everyone I have talked to about hair have thought I was weird, somehow I never hear back from them :(

Cool!!!! I hope she comes, she'll learn so much!!

I wanna tell people about this site, like dh's cousin whose hair is 2 inches long and has about 37 hairs scattered around her head. I don't wanna offend her, though :perplexed

wow ur so lucky, everyone I have talked to about hair have thought I was weird, somehow I never hear back from them :(
Don't worry. Beautiful hair (esp. if it's long) is its own advertisement. People didn't use to take an interest in my hair when I first went natural. Some of them were still shocked that I cut off my relaxed hair, which was APL and had gotten me many compliments. Nowadays people seem enthralled with the curls and a number of my friends are now going natural and asking me from product advice, etc.

Cool!!!! I hope she comes, she'll learn so much!!

I wanna tell people about this site, like dh's cousin whose hair is 2 inches long and has about 37 hairs scattered around her head. I don't wanna offend her, though :perplexed

lol :lachen:wow maybe you can bring it up in a nice way w/o callin' her out

I hope she comes too. :)

All the people who every asked me for hair advice and directed them to this board, told me 'I was a lifesaver', 'they owe me' and such..... followed up on their hair issues and asked if they have joined...'oh, i just decided to get braids' and haven't heard from them since :rolleyes:

That is really nice of you to share your "knowledge." I tried once when I first found the site with a family friend....It did not go so well. Glad you could find someone that genuinely wants to experience growth with you. It is like you have an instant "hair partner." :grin:

I've told people about this site before too and they look at me like it doesn't take all of that to grow hair:perplexed:perplexed...Hopefully, she will join, learn and tell other AA women.

Back