I told my stylist (blank) to keep him/her from trimming.

newbeginnings2010

Ladies, please tell me what you tell your stylist to keep them from trimming your hair. It's not that I don't want a trim, I just want to have someone I truly trust do it, like one of my SIL's. Most of them have long hair and they know that a 1/4 inch dusting means a 1/4 inch dusting. I decided not to relax my 7 months worth of new growth myself, and I don't know how to tell her that I have someone else to trim my hair. She's such a nice lady, and I'd hate to offend her. Any advice?

Just say you don't want one, or you can say that you'll come back next week for a trim then get you SIL to do it, by the time you go back next time she would have forgotten :)

Oh! Good point. That's easy! I will tell her I'll come back for a trim next time. I don't go to her that often, so that should be sufficient. Thanks!

Since she is nice...briefly explain your hair goals and tell her what you want done BEFORE she starts on your hair and starts assuming...

I ask her to show me what 1/4 of an inch is to her, and then I show her what it is to me. And then I watch her like a hawk as she cuts. I also ask to see it periodically to make sure that everything is all good.

I don't play! :naughty:

The last time my beautician did my hair and she hinted that my ends needed triming, I told her that I was good. She trimmed my hair once and knocked an entire inch off!! These stylists be tripping. I don't know what they be thinking.
The beautician before her saw me getting all antsy about her "triming" my hair and spun me around in the chair & handed me a mirror. She showed me exactly where she'd trim to. In my opinion, it was a hair cut.
I say just tell her the truth. Tell her you don't want one and keep it moving.

Be blessed!

I used to say "next time I come back I'll let you trim" but the truth is I go to the salon 1x a year LOL I'm technically not lying LOL

I've had to do the back and forth shuffle with some stylists. I've gotten to the point where no means NO and that's it.

I loves you stylist, Gawd knows I do but I will kill you dead befoe I let you trim me....in your best Sophia from Color Purple voice.:grin:

Thanks ladies. Sometimes honesty is the best policy. I'm hoping that I can feel her out when the question comes up and see how it goes. I'll try to keep everyone's advice in mind.

Back