I thought I hated Curlformers but Flexirods, Im just horrified...

Last week I used Curlformers for the first time and hated them but I LOVED my hair afterwards, I had big sexy hair for days.. I thought I could get the same effect from Flexirods without the snagging. Boy was I wrong lol :nono: I came out looking like Shirley Temple. my hair is shrunk way more than it does with my natural curls. Im so pissed right now!! :wallbash: I have my hair pulled into a bun to stretch to hopefully stretch it back out. I can only laugh at how funny I look right now :rofl:Im thinking maybe I should give Curlformers another go and just be sure to detangle or something :(. Sighhhhhhhhhhh..

Now I have never used curlformers because they look like weapons of mass destruction. I just dont see it working out for my texture...

I digress....I love love love! flexi rods... I think you may have to play with them a lil more to find the techinique that works for you.

chance are if your hair looked like shirley temple you either have a size that is too small for the style you were going for and you probably rolled the hair too close together.

I say give em another go B4 you write them off. You may find that you love them too

I agree with ppg0069....I'm a curlformers girl myself, but flexirods can give the exact same appearance. I remember Southerntease doing an experiment to see whether she could get the same results using curlformers or flexis...U can search for that thread here or look on her site, maneandchic.com. I would suggest youtubing a flexi technique and trying at least one more time. If you still hate your outcome, then move back to curlformers.

I haven't bought any curl formers yet but I have been using flexi rods since the days of the straw set (LOL)! I noticed that if I use big rods (gray or bigger) and clump more hair together, the curls are bigger. I don't use small rods or they do come out small and tight a la Shirley Temple.

And I picked up a trick. Once your curls are all the way dry, rub some oil on your hair and loosely rake the curls into a light wrap. Wrap saran wrap around your head. Sit under the dryer for 10-15 mins and the curls will loosen up big time when you unwrap your hair.

And I picked up a trick. Once your curls are all the way dry, rub some oil on your hair and loosely rake the curls into a light wrap. Wrap saran wrap around your head. Sit under the dryer for 10-15 mins and the curls will loosen up big time when you unwrap your hair.

may have to try this saran wrap techinique. I already do the oil trick and! I just hope they dont fall out on me ( I have the worse luck with heat appliances)

I like flexirods--but as of late, my hair looks like a curly bush than curls, lol.

I use the small ones--to get little spiral curls...I did my hair with those, and my hair looks like I used the organge (medium-sized) rods.:ohwell:

Give the rods a try (again), and like another poster said, if you don't like the outcome, try the formers.:yep:

What size flexirods did you use? Did you use them on wet or dry hair? and what products did you use?

If you want looser curls then only moisten the ends of your hair and do a dry set.

Now I have never used curlformers because they look like weapons of mass destruction. I just dont see it working out for my texture...

I digress....I love love love! flexi rods... I think you may have to play with them a lil more to find the techinique that works for you.

chance are if your hair looked like shirley temple you either have a size that is too small for the style you were going for and you probably rolled the hair too close together.

I say give em another go B4 you write them off. You may find that you love them too

ITA OP don't give up just yet. Try looking at tutorials on YT to see the technique of others.

What size flexirods did you use? Did you use them on wet or dry hair? and what products did you use?

If you want looser curls then only moisten the ends of your hair and do a dry set.
I did a full wet set with styling foam lol. Next time Ill flat iron and then try a few rods along my ends for big waves and see how that comes out..

I used a fairly large size but I did roll close together lol. Im still learning. I appreciate the tips

Back