I think Shikakai, Amla and them...

MoMo

has reverted my relaxer. Ok...maybe it's just the Shikakai powder because I just started using it last week.

I have been using Amla, Aritha and Tulsi powders as a tea rinse at least two to three times a week since I retouched on Dec. 30th. I used the Shikakai as a rinse once and used it as a paste on Sunday, by Monday my newly retouched hair looked and felt reverted.

What's up?

has reverted my relaxer. Ok...maybe it's just the Shikakai powder because I just started using it last week.

I have been using Amla, Aritha and Tulsi powders as a tea rinse at least two to three times a week since I retouched on Dec. 30th. I used the Shikakai as a rinse once and used it as a paste on Sunday, by Monday my newly retouched hair looked and felt reverted.

What's up?

Wouldnt it be the bomb if that is new...new growth....? :yep:

It could be the fact that those powders are very acidic. The acidity could have tightened your cuticle to the point that it feels different in texture like your hair reverted. Maybe someone else will chime in.

Update: I read and followed Candy C's ayurvedic tutorial on how to use the powders and my hair is much better. I was mixing too many powders, more that were drying rather than moisturizing and using the wrong amount. It is much better now that I am using them properly and does not look/feel like my newly relaxed hair has reverted.

Back