I think I've found it...

genesislocks

By golly, I think Ive found the answer for achieving sleek, salon results at home, for natural hair. :brainy:

Something moved me, and I tried a new method for flat ironing my hair :grin:
For relaxed hair, go for everything listed below, but lower the heat

Here's a little about me:
I'm 100% natural (with the exception of a couple highlights :spinning: )

Length: I dunno, I'm floating somewhere in the purgatory between APL and BSL. But it's deff not a full length, my hair likes to grow in a V-shape. But, I'll be sure to do a length-check in time for Thanksgiving :lick:

Hair Type: I would bet money I'm a 4b, but according to my sister I'm a 4a. After doing a little bit of research, I might be a blend of 4b and 3d (ya know..the missing link of hair types :lachen:) I posted some pics of my wet hair after the cassia treatment....so PLEASE if you can identify my hair type, please do I'm clueless :yep:

This technique involves a few new methods for me
1) new cassia mix **cue sound effects**
2) a higher flatiron heat :blush: Ik heat is no-no for some, but hear me out! I'll explain my reasoning behind the change :yep:
3) NO SERUMS, NO GREASE - only a spray heat protectant

Results in a nut shell:
1) shine
2) softness
3) straighter hair with lots of body
4) Curl pattern = much more defined, a bit looser (after cassia)
5) my amazonian roots were smooth and well behaved

Mix
Cassia
Water - warm
Hello Hydration - Herbal Essences
Long Term Relationship - Herbal Essences
Safflower Oil (just enough, maybe 2 or 3 tablespoons)
Mix these to make a wet paste not too clumpy

I've attached 2 pics of my hair right after cassia, so you can see the results

For best results apply overnight and rinse in the morning. I use a plastic bag tied around my head to keep it in place, and put a large t-shirt over my pillow to keep spillage at bay. [in the past I would use ginger tea instead of water, no safflower oil, and just hello hydration]

Afterwards:
Shampoo with Nexxus moisturizing luxury shampoo therapy

Condition with Mizani Renew Strength - Reconstructing Masque

sit underneath blowdryer attachment for 15 - 30 minutes

Rinse conditioner section by section twice

Add heat protectant to each section of hair- Tresemme spray heat protectant NO serums

Blowdry each section of hair with a paddle brush
(if your scalp feels moist, sit underneath blowdryer attachment for a few minutes)

Add more heat protectant as you go by each section
Flatiron at 400 degrees guiding with a brush or a rattail comb

Why a higher heat? Because I've found that a lower heat (my usual 350 degrees) will actually cause more problems with my hair, I was more prone to tangles because the heat wasn't straightening my hair very well, just smoothing it.

Here are the pics! Hopefully they attach lol :dork:

PhotoChooser-3b2c2706-fc0c-4bee-b045-9278d083300c.jpg

PhotoChooser-8f779a93-ef90-4df7-8382-bbec0a7c92d2.jpg

a835fc6c24e1cb8019f57c302dc4b4fb.jpg

ac660d4556a3db945eb2caf3c9a32b7f.jpg

Ty for this! When I finally get my hands on some cassia and my roots get thick I will try his =) beautiful results!

beautiful hair! I love tresemme heat tamer spray. works a lot better for my hair than serums and such lol. serums and grease when flat ironing make my hair feel dry and straw-like. the tresemme makes my hair feel so soft, smooth, and silky. and it actually protects the hair! lol I didn't think a spray would be good protection, but the last time I straightened I used it and my hair completely reverted :3

When I click on the attachments I get a 404 error. :ohwell:

What's the last picture of?

I've been using cassia and henna lately. I'll see if it makes a difference to my flat ironed hair.

beautiful hair! I love tresemme heat tamer spray. works a lot better for my hair than serums and such lol. serums and grease when flat ironing make my hair feel dry and straw-like. the tresemme makes my hair feel so soft, smooth, and silky. and it actually protects the hair! lol I didn't think a spray would be good protection, but the last time I straightened I used it and my hair completely reverted :3

Lol agreed! I had my doubts about the spray kind, but the softness and shine is amazing. I even prefer it to chi silk infusion. This is my first time using it though, how is it for resisting humidity?

When I click on the attachments I get a 404 error. :ohwell:

What's the last picture of?

I've been using cassia and henna lately. I'll see if it makes a difference to my flat ironed hair.

Sorry about that! Sometimes I have trouble with the attachments. It's just a picture of the effect cassia had on my curl pattern. I reattached it below

What do you mix with your cassia?

ac660d4556a3db945eb2caf3c9a32b7f.jpg

genesislocks I really can't say... still haven't mastered the whole no poof thing lol. shortly after I straighten, regardless of what I use (serum, grease, spray) and regardless of the climate, my hair starts to poof.

Back