I Think I've Finally Nailed My Regimen!!!

Nice & Wavy

I am too excited now....I've finally nailed it!!!:grin::band:

Ayuveda is #1 in my book. I can't believe the turn around my hair has made, as far as moisture and overall health. My hair has been growing nicely before I began, but now....it has taken off on a new level.

Ayuveda to me is a KISS. I do use OCT/MT when I wear my hair curly, but I haven't this winter because I don't want to have my hair wet at all. I found that I had more problems with it curly in the winter than straight.(my ends suffer) So, I rollerset my hair and then flat iron every two weeks. The results are fantabulous!!!

On Saturday, I used for the first time Shikakiki to wash my hair. I didn't use just water to make the paste, I used Amla Gold and HairVeda Moisture 24/7 in the mix. Not only was the paste smooth, but smelled good too!

I put it on dry hair and let it sit for about 6 minutes. I then rinsed it out and used a little more conditioner to make sure the powder all rinsed out better. I then used my shampoo bar (I absolutely love this) lathered, then rinsed. My hair was nice to the touch...not stripped at all.

I then used the HairVeda Strinilliah DC Mask (sp) for the first time. I applied it to my hair section at a time, from root to ends. It went on smooth and it smelled really nice.

I then did a SamanthaJones special steamer....chile, that was the best! Thanks, girl...you are sooooooooo smart :kisses:

I sat under the dryer for about 1 1/2 hours and then rinsed. My hair was tangle free and moist, moist, moist. I then used a little Moisture 24/7 and massaged it throughout my hair for about 2 minutes and rinsed. My hair was happy, happy!:yep:

I used a little Amla Gold, and HairVeda Whipped Ends to my hair, massaged it in and proceeded to rollerset. After my hair dried I removed the rollers, applied Chi Silk Infusion (I'm not giving this up...:look::grin:) and flat ironed with my beloved Maxiglide (the best).

My hair is swingin' and dancin' today. I've got about 15 compliments so far about how my hair has grown immensely and how thick it is. They are asking for the secrets, ya'll.....:sekret:

I'm so happy that I have finally found the best products for my hair. No more store brand for me...well, except Aveda (I can't get enough of it) or AO HSR and GPB (awesome products).

I toss my hat to those who came up with these products and ideas....the best eva!!:clapping:

N&W

Last edited:
Thanks, Allandra. It's using the powders and oils from India. It has made a hugeeeeeee difference in how my hair responds....huge difference:yep:

Thanks for the info. Is there any other info online? If yes, could you post a link? Pretty please. :)

Thanks for the info. Is there any other info online? If yes, could you post a link? Pretty please. :)
I've gotten all my important info from this thread: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=183305&highlight=vatika

There are others as well...but this is the thread that put me on the right track:yep:

Also, I'm now using HaiVeda: www.hairveda.com by our very own Billy Jay!

ETA: I purchase the Vatika Oil, Amla Gold and Shikakki (sp) from an Indian supermarket near my home. I can't find some others I need (Bhrami and Brhinginani (sp)) so I have to order it online.

Ayuveda is #1 in my book. I can't believe the turn around my hair has made, as far as moisture and overall health. My hair has been growing nicely before I began, but now....it has taken off on a new level.

Ayuveda to me is a KISS. I do use OCT/MT when I wear my hair curly, but I haven't this winter because I don't want to have my hair wet at all. I found that I had more problems with it curly in the winter than straight.(my ends suffer) So, I rollerset my hair and then flat iron every two weeks. The results are fantabulous!!!

On Saturday, I used for the first time Shikakiki to wash my hair. I didn't use just water to make the paste, I used Amla Gold and HairVeda Moisture 24/7 in the mix. Not only was the paste smooth, but smelled good too!

I put it on dry hair and let it sit for about 6 minutes. I then rinsed it out and used a little more conditioner to make sure the powder all rinsed out better. I then used my shampoo bar (I absolutely love this) lathered, then rinsed. My hair was nice to the touch...not stripped at all.

I then used the HairVeda Strinilliah DC Mask (sp) for the first time. I applied it to my hair section at a time, from root to ends. It went on smooth and it smelled really nice.

I then did a SamanthaJones special steamer....chile, that was the best! Thanks, girl...you are sooooooooo smart :kisses:

I sat under the dryer for about 1 1/2 hours and then rinsed. My hair was tangle free and moist, moist, moist. I then used a little Moisture 24/7 and massaged it throughout my hair for about 2 minutes and rinsed. My hair was happy, happy!:yep:

I used a little Amla Gold, and HairVeda Whipped Ends to my hair, massaged it in and proceeded to rollerset. After my hair dried I removed the rollers, applied Chi Silk Infusion (I'm not giving this up...:look::grin:) and flat ironed with my beloved Maxiglide (the best).

My hair is swingin' and dancin' today. I've got about 15 compliments so far about how my hair has grown immensely and how thick it is. They are asking for the secrets, ya'll.....:sekret:

I'm so happy that I have finally found the best products for my hair. No more store brand for me...well, except Aveda (I can't get enough of it) or AO HSR and GPB (awesome products).

I toss my hat to those who came up with these products and ideas....the best eva!!:clapping:

N&W

That's awesome that you've found what works for you! And your hair is lovely!

I have one question though...I thought the whipped cream said not to use it when doing a heat style? Did you not notice any ill effects?

That's awesome that you've found what works for you! And your hair is lovely!

I have one question though...I thought the whipped cream said not to use it when doing a heat style? Did you not notice any ill effects?
Thanks, so is your hair...lovely!

It does say that and I did not have any ill effect at all. I'm sure that if you put it on section, by section and flat iron, the results may not be great, but...I just used a little and massaged it throughout my hair and ends and my hair is fabulous!:yep:

Congratulations for finding what works for you:Rose:. Your hair looks great.

I felt the same way when I discovered Ayurveda:heart2: and HairVeda :cloud9:.

Thanks for sharing! Now where is everyone getting the shampoo bar from?
You are welcome!

I get my shampoo bar from here: www.mehandi.com They are pretty expensive, but FOR ME it's worth every dollar ($12.00)

There are other places to get them from, but I'm not sure where. Hopefully others will chime in as to where they get theirs from.

HTH

I still like my OCT, but I'm slowing moving over to natural products, and Ayurveda has proven to be the best for my hair.

Your hair is gorgeous, as usual. I am thrilled that you finally found something that works!! :kiss:

Think I will go ahead and purchase the Methi treatment from Hairveda. It's finally available and I need a little protein to get me through this stretch.

N&W

You Go mama!!!! :woot:

I really believe that the Remedies of the Ancients.... Are some of the Best....
:grin: Hugs and love!!!

I still like my OCT, but I'm slowing moving over to natural products, and Ayurveda has proven to be the best for my hair.

Your hair is gorgeous, as usual. I am thrilled that you finally found something that works!! :kiss:
Thanks, SP. I will never give up my OCT/MT. That stuff has kept the hair on my head...it really has given me great hair health and strength.

Think I will go ahead and purchase the Methi treatment from Hairveda. It's finally available and I need a little protein to get me through this stretch.
Let us know how you like it. I love MT for protein for my natural strands when needed.:yep:

girl, and your hair is showing it!

it looks SOOO good!
:kiss:...thanks girlie!!!

You Go mama!!!! :woot:

I really believe that the Remedies of the Ancients.... Are some of the Best....
:grin: Hugs and love!!!
I was waiting for you to get in here.

Girl, your steam treatment is the way to go....girl, patent it if you could:lachen:

Thanks....I believe this is true. Love being natural...all the way around!

I was waiting for you to get in here.

Girl, your steam treatment is the way to go....girl, patent it if you could:lachen:

Thanks....I believe this is true. Love being natural...all the way around!

HAAA. I am grateful.... God is Good to us, ya know???????????
Steam is the BEE'S KNEES.:yep::yep: I stumbled on some article - that is how I found it!!!
:kiss:

Your hair is so beautiful!!! I'm glad you've got your regimen nailed. It can take a lot of frustrating years to get it down. Congratulations!!

Good for you. Your hair is fab. I've been avoiding the ayureda train for the longest and now you make me wanna jump on it even more. I'e been trying to use up my products but they're just not working for me. I wanna try ayerveda so bad but I'm too broke to buy more products too.

Congrats girlie. I can't wait to start on D's hair. Q
Thanks, sis. I know you will see a difference in her hair soon:yep:

Good for you. Your hair is fab. I've been avoiding the ayureda train for the longest and now you make me wanna jump on it even more. I'e been trying to use up my products but they're just not working for me. I wanna try ayerveda so bad but I'm too broke to buy more products too.
Thank you so much. I avoided it for the longest and I could kick myself for not starting this sooner.

Ayurveda is the cheapest you can get...much better than conventional products. You will not regret it:yep:

***copies down hair twin's reggie word for word***

I will be trying ALL of this out!

And co-signing on the Chi Silk Infusion - had this for ages and just discovered it is FAB!!!!!!!!!!!

the 3 of you's all have very pretty hair.. i can't wait until i get mines down to a science..its one heck of a journey

Back