I think I need serious moisture....help

Leslie_C

I think Ive been using too much protein and need to lay off that for a while. I also think I have build up, my hair just feels dry and dull.

Do u think this sounds ok? Im 6.5 weeks post relaxer, plan on going to 8-10 weeks for this time bc my hair is acting up and I dont want to risk more breakage/shedding by trying to push it right now. when I get it under control, I will try to go 12 weeks at a time.

Anyway, this is what Im thinking of doing in a little while: Washing with IC pure tea to clarify, following up with either a moisturing shampoo or doing a pretreatment and then shampooing.

To put moisture in my hair, I plan to use coconut milk, EVOO, honey, and conditioner all mixed up and let it sit under the dryer for about 30 minutes. Then shampoo that out. Then deep condition with Humectress and a little more EVOO. Rinse, follow with leave in and serum to detangle, and either do a rollerset,braidout, or bantu set.what do u think? should I follow the clarifying with a moisturizing shampoo or just go on to the treatment?
nuts.gif

When I had this probelm, I focused on conditioners that had no protein (no keratin, wheat, or milk) even if they are moisturizing. Your build-up may not be as bad as mine though.
I'm using Humecto mostly and have notice a huge improvement.

Your plan sounds good. Go for it. The clarifying shampoo may dry out your hair so following it with a moisturizing one seems only right.

thx keylargo...Ive gone a little protein crazy lately using heavy protein treatment and then using another one two weeks later...I should have waited a month, but nexxus emergencee says it can be used weekly so I thought it was ok. now Im on protein overload...lol.

Have u compared humecto to Nexxus humectress? I havent used keracares line(cant believe there is anything left I havent tried!) I like the humectress but wonder if humecto is better.

be carefull with that pure tea, it totally stripped my hair, i say dilute it some with water, or like some ladies told me they do after my experience (wish they would of told me this before) just apply it to your scalp and let that rinse through the rest of your hair, but if your hair is already dry/hard from protien i would say stay away from clarifying for a little while. but if you do, after my mishap , they all said they follow up with a moisturizing shampoo....the only thing that helped me after that was oil (avocado)

also i say skip the second shampoo, after conditioning, its like shampooing out all the moisture all over again

ok, well I guess Ill mix all that stuff up with my humectress and use it as a deep conditioning and rinse...
Also Ill dilute the shampoo and only use a little.

Ill let u know how it goes! thx chelle, keylargo, amd irrisistable.

[ QUOTE ]
Leslie_C said:
thx keylargo...Ive gone a little protein crazy lately using heavy protein treatment and then using another one two weeks later...I should have waited a month, but nexxus emergencee says it can be used weekly so I thought it was ok. now Im on protein overload...lol.

Have u compared humecto to Nexxus humectress? I havent used keracares line(cant believe there is anything left I havent tried!) I like the humectress but wonder if humecto is better.

[/ QUOTE ]
my hair has never responded to the humectress. My hair never felt moisturized with it. Humecto works better for me but many women swear by humectress.

I'm having the same issue as you Leslie C. I'm doing moisturizing treatments as well. I'm also trying to do 2-3 conditioner washes a week to get more moisture. Today, I pre-treated with EVOO, honey & cholesterol, washed with Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo followed by a deep conditioning (25 minutes) of Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner mixed with IC Deep Penetrating Creme Moisturizer. I'm trying to determine how to best dry/set my hair now, since I'm 7.5 weeks post-relaxer. My problem was caused by some underprocessing with a no-lye relaxer. My hair was just all of a sudden resistant, but only in the back! I'm wondering if too much protein can cause that. I just started a hair journal this weekend, so maybe I'll see progress in a few months.

lynxdiva,
are u my long lost sister??? SAME ISSUE, resistant, underprocessed and all! and im 6.5 weeks post relaxer! when are you going to relax?

Back