I think i got a solution to stop hair knotting on itself

nadine1977canada

Last night, I accidentally stumbled on the solution to this problem. I had moisturized my hair like I do every night and then sealed with oil. But when I took my oil I was a bit too heavy handed on my ends. I folded in my ends I slept with my silk scarf on as usual. I woke this morning and noticed I had no KNOTS!!!! I think the trick is to moisturize your ends, seal with oil, and make sure then ends are saturated with oil.

I tried it again today, moisturized my ends, then seal with oil and soaked my ends with oil. I tucked my ends in today and kept the ends tucked all day ...I still had no knots on my ends. So for me that is the solution to not having knots anymore. I might try to start bunning my hair.

Last edited:
naturallady said:
Are you relaxed or natural?

Relaxed... I'm 13 weeks post

e$h said:
Are you saying that you have knots on your ends or towards the roots?

My hair knots itself at the ends. I was not able to hide my ends cause it would constantly knot itself no matter how properly folded in. I never would bun my hair for that reason. Now, I simply apply a lot of oil on my ends and no more knots appear when I hide my ends.

Last edited:
I was having this problem constantly. My strands will have knots in them and I have maybe about 20 stands form a perfect knot. Some days I'd have several of them all over my head.
The solution I found is a soft, moist, silky rollerset done every 4-5 days. No more knots, thank God.
I had stared washing my hair once a week instead of 2-3 times a week and I figured that was the problem. Now that I went back to washing more often the problem was rectified.

Back