I think I finally figured it out.. LOL thanks Tiffers!

pinkchocolatedaisy

My hair doesn't like butters... :nono: After the $$$ I spent on shea, shealoe, mango, etc I realize my hair just doesn't like em! :wallbash: I'm kinda disappointed b/c I wanted to use natural products as much as possible. But my hair likes water based products, esp for my moisturizers.

So........I gotta give a shout out to Tiffers I believe b/c I found my staple moisturizer! GVP conditoning balm is definitely it for me. And for $5.99 and it's easy accessibility I couldn't be more pleased! My hair is soooooooo soft :lick: right now, I can't stop touching it. I try to mositurize in the am and before I got to bed at night but a lot of times my hair is so moisturized from the night before, I don't even need to do it again in the morning.

so thanks ladies.... and a big thanks to Tiffers! :grin:

Every time I tried the butters, my hair was super greasy and icky and then it got really really dry... even when I tried to wash it out, my hair felt like straw. Any other product I tried would make my hair feel soft but later it was dry and crispy. Butters didn't work on my ends either. I finally decided to try the GVP conditioning balm when I saw it at Sallys the other day and I've been in hair heaven ever since!

Glad you found what worked for you!

How did you figure it out?

Not everyone can use the butters on their hair,glad you found something that works for you, but throw them away. Use them on your feet after showering and you'll love them. Soft like a baby :)

I learned this too, but I was using oil based/creamy moisturizers and my hair would be moisturized for an hour or so, but then it would turn dry as a desert. I used the GVP Balm for a leave-In twice it was pretty good. Never tried it as a moisturizer. I may try it tonight if I do a braidout.

I'm confused. I thought the GVP Conditioning Balm was something you rinsed out only. Are you ladies just using a little everyday as a moisturizer? hmmmm I wonder if that would work for my hair. I am in search of a better moisturizer.

I'm confused. I thought the GVP Conditioning Balm was something you rinsed out only. Are you ladies just using a little everyday as a moisturizer? hmmmm I wonder if that would work for my hair. I am in search of a better moisturizer.

I agree, isn't it a DC?That's how I use it. I would not use it as a moisturizer based on its consistency, but if it works for you, that's great!

Glad you got it figured out..I have learned that my hair doesn't really like butters either but it sure does love the conditioning balm. That stuff is phenomenal! I use it as a moisturizer (just a little bit) and also I DC with it sometimes too.

If anyone knows, I certainly do know that everything isn't for everybody. My hair hates commercial products. It's so finicky. My hair absolutely LOVES shea butter, to the point to where I was like "how could anyone's hair not like this?" Then I realized how I was the polka dot horse because my hair HATED ORS and various other products raved about on here. I'm glad you included how you knew your hair hated butters. I never get the icky feeling or dryness. When I put shea on my wet or dry hair, my hair waves up and gets all shiney and slick. Then after it sits a while my hair keeps shining and gives off a reflection and lays flat. When I use it on my afro puff, it "defines" my naps and coilies. At the end of the day my hair feels so moisturized and not oily.I never knew shea just sits on top of others people's hair and then leave it dry(never heard no one say what it does, just that they didn't like it). That's what store bought products do to my hair. Sits on top, gets really dry, hair feels like straw or hay and then major shedding. WOW, hair has appetites just as peculiar as our taste buds! Glad you found what works for you...sorry for the long post.

When I put shea on my wet or dry hair, my hair waves up and gets all shiney and slick. Then after it sits a while my hair keeps shining and gives off a reflection and lays flat. When I use it on my afro puff, it "defines" my naps and coilies. At the end of the day my hair feels so moisturized and not oily.I never knew shea just sits on top of others people's hair and then leave it dry(never heard no one say what it does, just that they didn't like it).

See, I love shea butter. I use it for everything but I CANNOT put it on wet hair. It just sits on my hair and looks terrible. It does work pretty well on my hair when it's dry though. It's really the only butter that I've used that I'm going to stick with.

Love shea...at first i thought i couldnt use it on my hair properly cause...wet, it would harden up....dry, it was just greasy...but I discovered ,y hair had to be damp not wet nor dry but the inbetween...it's soft, fluffy not greasy or oily...just right

I Love the GVP Conditioning Balm as a deep conditioner. Haven't tried it as a moisturizer but heard some people use it as a leave in.

I can't use shea butter either, it also leaves my hair hair hard & greasy, I used it on wet,damp, dry etc. Refined,Unrefined Organic, Whipped, SheaLoe etc. It just didn't work, I even mixed other products with it, But Oh well shea butter just don't work for every Natural Head!

Okay, I bought the conditioning balm a couple of weeks ago and I LOVE IT as a DC! But I didn't know I could use it as a daily moisturizer :spinning: I've been using Nexxus Humectress as a leave-in after wash. So, are you ladies using conditioner as a daily moisturizer?? I'd like to try it because butters make my hair flat and me no likey :sad:

my hair hates shea butter...i know this for a FACT. i don't even want to try other butters now because of that.
Same with me. Natural or relaxed my hair didn't like shea butter. I tried it over and over. It dried my hair like crazy. I stayed away from the others too!

I'm glad you found out what works for your hair. My hair does not like shea butter either for some reason. It makes my hair dry, also.

I was really trying to make shea butter work, because it was cheap and lasted a long time, I will try to revisit when my hair is long enough to do twist, maybe I will make a twist butter LOL!

I agree, isn't it a DC?That's how I use it. I would not use it as a moisturizer based on its consistency, but if it works for you, that's great!
I love it as a DC. I have used the GVP Paul Mitchell The Conditioner as a moisturizer, and this weekend I had some leftover CB in my mixing bowl so I retwisted my twistout with it. It worked pretty well from what I can remember, but it was sorta done as an afterthought.
Same with me. Natural or relaxed my hair didn't like shea butter. I tried it over and over. It dried my hair like crazy. I stayed away from the others too!
Yeah. I even tried baggying with that stuff and my hair was dry as straw the next morning. Weirdly enough, I love Miss Jessie's Baby Buttercreme...probably the other stuff in it that makes it work.

Back