I still can't find a decent Heat Protectant

Songbirdb

So I've been using the IC Fantasia Serum, the pink one, and my hair doesn't seem to like it. As a matter of fact, my hair seems to not like any type of serum. They all weigh my hair down and I only use about 1/2 a dime size amont so I'm not using alot and I clarify my hair often so I know its not that either. Before, when I was only using my Aphogee liquid heat protectant reconstuctor, my hair seemed to be doing alot better, but I wasn't sure if a liquid was truly enough. So ladies, what should I do? By the way, I'm 3c4a fine and relaxed thin to medium strands that are smooth.

I like that one. The nexxus one Tracyee mentioned it nice too. Its a spray.

So a spray would suffice? I assumed that a spray wouldn't be enough and you needed a serum to have a decent heat protectant. I don't think my hair likes a lot of cones.

Thanks for the quick responses ladies.

I like Chi Silk Infusion...depending on your budget you may also want to try Graham Webb. I really love this, but its pricey. Motions is also really good.

I like the CHI Silk Infusion, Biosilk Cure Soyeuse, and Nexxus Heat Protexx - in that order. The CHI Silk Infusion is light, IMO, but it's enough to actually seal the hair and keep it from reverting. I've also used the ION and Beyond The Zone sprays. They're both good but don't seem to work as well as the serums on my hair.

Another vote for CHI Silk Infusion.:yep:

I really, really dont like the CHI Silk Infusion. Are any of you guys naturals? I'm not a natural, I have really think relaxed hair. The Chi Silk Infusion (silver bottle w red top) smells and leaves my hair hard. Like, clumpy and hard to move. I thought that I was using too much but I dont use a lot, just in large pieces and when i flat iron.. it just doesnt do a good job. I'm not sure how well it protcts my hair but I dont like the end product.:nono:

i like the way chi makes my hair feel but i hate it the day after. it feels dry and hard and when i try to moisturise, it doesnt take i guess because of the cones. Ive been using kiehls heat protectant cream and i might end up getting their serum for shine and to use in sections. I like the fantasia one tho but if its not working for you, you just have to do trial and error with others.
Some people did say V05 has a spray that has same ingredients and nexxus heat protexx.

Also, have you tried redken heat glide? i forgot about that. And beyond the zone turn up the heat.

For some reason Chi Silk Infusion makes my hair dry and hard to moisturize as well. I thought it was just me. I used to use John Freda Frizz Ease Serum for Relaxed hair in the past which was good, but I don't know if it's still sold.

Last edited:
For some reason Chi Silk Infusion makes my hair dry and hard to moisturize as well. I thought it was just me. I used to use John Freda Frizz Ease Serum for Relaxed hair in the past which was good, but I don't know if it's still sold.

Yeah i think frizz ease serum for relaxed hair has been discontinued.

Chi Silk Infusion also makes my hair hard. I don't know if Aveda BrilliantTM Emollient Finishing Gloss is a heat protectant, but it makes my hair so soft and shiny. I have flat ironed with it before with great results! Hmm, I should really find out if it protects from the heat, though. The Universal Styling Creme protects from the heat, though. That's for sure.

Chi Silk Infusion also makes my hair hard. I don't know if Aveda BrilliantTM Emollient Finishing Gloss is a heat protectant, but it makes my hair so soft and shiny. I have flat ironed with it before with great results! Hmm, I should really find out if it protects from the heat, though. The Universal Styling Creme protects from the heat, though. That's for sure.
I forgot about aveda. I have the universal styling creme and forget about it ALL the time. I will try and get a sample of the gloss. Is this it?

avedagloss.jpg

Last edited:
I don't like the CHI either. Aveda's brilliant and Avedas smooth infusion is nice. The smooth infusion is super duper light.

All I heard was *SNAP CRACKLE POP* when I tried the Nexxus Heat Protexx on my hair :ohwell:. Chi seems to be the winner though. I got to try it.

I really, really dont like the CHI Silk Infusion. Are any of you guys naturals? I'm not a natural, I have really think relaxed hair. The Chi Silk Infusion (silver bottle w red top) smells and leaves my hair hard. Like, clumpy and hard to move. I thought that I was using too much but I dont use a lot, just in large pieces and when i flat iron.. it just doesnt do a good job. I'm not sure how well it protcts my hair but I dont like the end product.:nono:

Yes I am relax and I just use a very little, you may be using too much, my hair comes out silky and soft. I love, love, love my Chi.:love::love::love:

My hair doesn't like serums either. You might want to try a spray on heat protectant. I've heard good things about Redken Heat Glide.

Back