I Snipped My Cornrow!

Papoose

The Phoenix
Ladies, I'm trying not to panic. When I was taking out my crochet braids, my mind was preoccupied with workplace drama and then
...snip. I felt my cornrow go y'all! It's maybe an inch long (if that) im comparison to 8 inches in the front of my hair. I won't know how bad it looks until I take it all out. My first reaction was "Buzz it All!" Then I thought that may be too hasty. Should I rock wigs for a while to really be able to treat it, cut it or try crochets again? HELP!!!!

+ These two products make sweet love to each other in may hair.

And because I feel like being extra today, here is another picture up closer.

View attachment 425415
Step by step i'm ready, lol. After you shampoo and condition and wash all that out then what? Do you air dry put activator in when your hair is wet, then seal with grease? Thanks in advance:drunk:.

Step by step i'm ready, lol. After you shampoo and condition and wash all that out then what? Do you air dry put activator in when your hair is wet, then seal with grease? Thanks in advance:drunk:.
Ok so after I wash and condition my hair i air dry in ten twists with clips on my ends, see pic below. After my hair is 50-70% dry I slap on my curls activator, best moisturizer for me hands down. (Remember how well it kept the Jheri curl moist, and every body started getting long hair too). Then i let it soak in/marimate over night. The next day I seal the moisture in with Blue Magic Boom done.

I won't need to re-moisturize until the next five days or so. Curl activator is extremely moisturizing by itself, but if you seal it in you just bought yourself a whole week of moisture right there.

Attachments

• 20180218_234531.jpg
    20180218_234531.jpg
    690.5 KB · Views: 60
@I Am So Blessed -Thank you soooooooooooooooooooo very much and yes I do recall how the people with Jheri curls had healthy hair. Now when you say you let it sit overnight, do you drench your hair in it and sleep with a plastic cap on your head or do you just put activator on each section like a leave in conditioner and sleep with a satin scarf on your head? Also when you re-moisturize your hair 5-7 days later do you rewash your hair again or do you put the activator on dry hair and let it sit for a day and the next day seal with blue magic. How does your hair not smell like activator? Thank you in advance for answering all of my questions:).

@I Am So Blessed -Thank you soooooooooooooooooooo very much and yes I do recall how the people with Jheri curls had healthy hair. Now when you say you let it sit overnight, do you drench your hair in it and sleep with a plastic cap on your head or do you just put activator on each section like a leave in conditioner and sleep with a satin scarf on your head? Also when you re-moisturize your hair 5-7 days later do you rewash your hair again or do you put the activator on dry hair and let it sit for a day and the next day seal with blue magic. How does your hair not smell like activator? Thank you in advance for answering all of my questions:).

Your Welcome!
Ok so on those ten twists I apply my curl activator until I feel satisfied with the moisture. Yes I use it like a leave in, No plastic bag needed. I put my silk scarf on go to bed, next day I seal. After 6-7 days will mist my hair with water then go through section by section with the care free curl activator and seal my ends with the grease. I wash my hair every two weeks.

I think it smells like any other leave in. When you make your next trip to Wal-Mart, Dollar General, CVS, Kmart, or any beauty supply (It can be found in all of these stores) grab a bottle and open it and smell, you'll see that it has a very light smell. Its the Gold bottle with the red top. I literally have twenty bottles in my closet.

Your Welcome!
Ok so on those ten twists I apply my curl activator until I feel satisfied with the moisture. Yes I use it like a leave in, No plastic bag needed. I put my silk scarf on go to bed, next day I seal. After 6-7 days will mist my hair with water then go through section by section with the care free curl activator and seal my ends with the grease. I wash my hair every two weeks.

I think it smells like any other leave in. When you make your next trip to Wal-Mart, Dollar General, CVS, Kmart, or any beauty supply (It can be found in all of these stores) grab a bottle and open it and smell, you'll see that it has a very light smell. Its the Gold bottle with the red top. I literally have twenty bottles in my closet.
20 bottles lol you are making sure you never run out :). You’ve found what works for you :). Thank you for the tips. I’m going to start doing this. You posts have been extremely helpful.

3 years!?! It struggle took me 6. I'm such a slow grower and your hair is so thick and juicy. You almost have me ready to change my regimen.

Almost. :lachen:
And what's your regimen Ms Snoop?

@Papoose hopefully the damage will be limited and you'll be able to hide the short part within the rest of your hair. I have a lot of short parts in my hair due to me big chopping randomly and I just put pins on them to make them blend

20180203_151112.jpg

And what's your regimen Ms Snoop?

@Papoose hopefully the damage will be limited and you'll be able to hide the short part within the rest of your hair. I have a lot of short parts in my hair due to me big chopping randomly and I just put pins on them to make them blend

View attachment 425437

• Wash weekly and condition (no DC)
  • Protein treatments monthly
  • Trim every three months
  • Two strand twists every 1 to 2 weeks (if they're large 1 week then refresh, if they're small then 2 weeks and wash after one week with them in, refresh on week 2)
  • Moisturize and seal as required (before it was 1 to 2 times a day)
  • Finger combing/detangling -- comb every 3 to 4 months -- MAYBE

Your hair looks so shiny and healthy! Love it!

@I Am So Blessed thanks love!

@snoop there are some similarities between our regimens. I protective style in buns and wash every 1-2 weeks me too. And I am trying to finger detangle exclusively. Haven't combed since the start of this year. I also moisturize and seal as needed. But while @I Am So Blessed moisturises and seals with curl activator and grease, I prefer to use a creamy leave in and my shea butter mix. I also add gel to make my buns sleek and neat. I think the shine in my hair is the shea butter and the gel (which I SOTC)

Why do you not DC? Does your hair tend to get moisture overload easily? Or just like me you don't see a huge difference between rinse-out and DC?

Back