I snapped! I cut it!!!

phyl73

I am still fairly new to LHCF, but have seen great results since taking care of my hair. Last Saturday, I had this overwhemling sense to just do it. I tried to distract myself by painting, but the voice in my head wouldn't stop teasing me and so I had to shut it up. My permed hair on the ends was so thin (see through) and I put it in a pony and just cut right through it. Afterwards, I loved the results. Since I'm transitioning, I know this won't be the last time I do this.

I don't know how to put pictures here,and so you'll have to look at my Fokti to see what I've done.

Your cut looks nice and I love the bluntness. :yep:

I know how you feel. I did this back in May 2006 when I was a newbie and my ends were thin and see through. After I did it I had no regrets.....I had to hide to scissors but that didn't work b/c a year later I got that itch you got and I cut off all my hair. LOL!!!!

And now I am growing it back. :grin:

This was when I first found out about LHCF and I was a newbie too at the time.....
I attached a pic below from my fotki of my 2006 ends chop. I think many of us had to do this.

Last edited:
I am still fairly new to LHCF, but have seen great results since taking care of my hair. Last Saturday, I had this overwhemling sense to just do it. I tried to distract myself by painting, but the voice in my head wouldn't stop teasing me and so I had to shut it up. My permed hair on the ends was so thin (see through) and I put it in a pony and just cut right through it. Afterwards, I loved the results. Since I'm transitioning, I know this won't be the last time I do this.

I don't know how to put pictures here,and so you'll have to look at my Fokti to see what I've done.

Its ok. Sometimes u have to cut it off to get better results. I have and I don't regret it one bit.

Last edited:
Wow - that is a dramatic difference. Sometimes it really is necessary to cut. It looks much better now than before. HHG :)

Seriously, that looks good, girl. I'm loving that puff & waves. I'm sooooooooo tempted to do the same thing tonight.....darn raggedy ends! :wallbash:

Thanks for all the kind replies ladies! I want my hair to be thick and healthy from root to tip. I'll keep you posted on my progress!

I love your waves! You have beautiful hair. Are you all natural now?

Also, if you want to turn on your fotki guestbook & comments here's a tutorial to teach you how.
http://public.fotki.com/Mooks-hair/fotki-settings-tutorial/

I have not had a relaxer since the end of September 07. I love the thickness and the texture of my natural hair. After years of believing natural hair was ugly and somehow unattractive, I am so glad I finally got over the ignorance and took my hair's natural state as a great and beautiful thing!

Back