I saw Dickey today!!! Pics Inside!

sweettrini

OMG girls, I LOVE him :love:!! He was so nice and down to earth. Based on recommendations on this board, I went to him for a wash/blow/flat iron and cut cause I am transitioning right now and at 10 months post and no cut in 15 months, my hair just wasn't cutting it!! (:grin: no pun intended).

I got there late for an 11 am appt. I had called on the way to let them know (d$%n LIRR:wallbash:) but still I HATE being late for anything, esp. for a first time appt. Everybody there is really nice, from receptionist to his asst.

I apologized to him as soon as I sat in his chair and he was really gracious. We talked about what i was going thru with the transition and what look I wanted to achieve and even what his rec's were for future upkeep.

His asst took my coat, got me into a robe and took me back to get washed and conditioned. She took her time while combing thru my hair with a wide tooth comb (while conditioner was still in). Dickey came back to look thru my hair (wanted to see natural curl pattern) and then she rinsed me, towel dried and took me back to the front to blow me out.

Again she took her time, went slowly and thoroughly on medium heat. Then he came and started to flat iron my hair while "training" her as he talked her thru the best techniqes and tips for flat ironing. Then he started to cut into the bob shape we discussed and it came out really nice :drunk:!

I love it and I feel like with this beautiful shape and less relaxed ends on my head, I will have an easier time with my transition now. I think the back half of my head is completely natural now but I will see when I wash it next week. Here are the pics:

Attachments

• Copy of haircut 001.jpg
    Copy of haircut 001.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 117
  • Copy of haircut 002.jpg
    Copy of haircut 002.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 125
  • Copy of haircut 003.jpg
    Copy of haircut 003.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 142
  • Copy of haircut 011.jpg
    Copy of haircut 011.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 93
  • Copy of haircut 014.jpg
    Copy of haircut 014.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 113
Nice silky flatiron and cut. Good luck with your transition, you'll be fully natural before you know it.

Beautiful Results. :yep::yep:lick::yep:.

I'm 10 months post relaxer too and plan on seeing him in September. Can't wait!

Thanks so much ladies!!! I am always so amazed that 4a hair could get that straight without a relaxer!! and literally, she only used some of his new leave in before blowdrying - that's it!! He tried out some of his leave-in product on my hair (it's debuting next month I think). It worked really well cause my hair feels so soft.

OMG! Your hair looks great.
I started going to Dickey last year and I too am in love.
It overdue for me to go back and I was considering a straight style this time. Seeing your hair has made the decision much easier.

BTW Sweettrini I know you! Check your FB page.

Awww thanks again ladies!! I am like so in love :love:with my hair today!! It's a good feeling cause I kinda fell out of love over the last couple of months:ohwell:.

Beautiful.

for some reason i thought u meant Eric Jerome Dickey...lol :lachen:

Hehe :drunk:- wouldn't mind meeting him either though!! I love his books.

NYAmicas said:
Very nice, I wish I could have heard the tips he was giving his assistant for flat ironing.:yep:

The only thing I heard him say was to be careful with her parts because he doesn't want to direct the way the hair falls. I guess he wanted my hair to fall the way it usually would before the cut. Oh and that the flat iron should be passed ideally once, never more than twice over the same section of hair :rolleyes:. After that we were too busy talking about the Master Cleanse haha :yep:!!

frochoice said:
OMG! Your hair looks great.
I started going to Dickey last year and I too am in love.
It overdue for me to go back and I was considering a straight style this time. Seeing your hair has made the decision much easier.

BTW Sweettrini I know you! Check your FB page.

Hey gyal :wave: Fancy meeting you here:drunk: Oh chile I am so happy to have a Niko's cousin moment and we already know each other. Got your message on FB!! OT for a sec: are you going to the Machel concert on Friday? Go see Dickey - I am a convert, love him!!

tishee said:
wow, your hair is beautiful! I wish I could visit Dickey...he is awesome! I saw so1913 pics...gawjus just like yours.

Gurrrrllll, it was so1913's and caligirl's hair that inspired me to go lay down dem $$$ to see him.......but he is worth it!! Those ladies' hair looked AMAZING!!

Sweettrini

Nah I'm skipping Machel this year although my cousin is coming from Toronto for it LOL.

Yeah its funny to bounce you up - I haven't been on the site much lately.
Anyhoo - I made my appt for Dickey next week.:lick::yay::yay::Flahsssss.
I'll let you know how it goes
Later

Back