I said I'd share when I flat ironed *pics*

ceecy29

I flat ironed for the first time since the big chop in January '08. I washed with baking soda and did a protein DC (a mix of egg and hair mayo.) then conditioned for 10 mins with VS so sexy. All of this was done while my hair was in plaits, so I took each plait down moisturized with shea butter and applied some sabino, then blowdried. I flatironed with a chi ultra using the comb chase method but I knew I wasn't getting bone straight results, so I put each section in bantu knots as I went along, so I could get some style out of it. I wore it to my shcool's ball and it reverted by the end of the night. I'm probably going to incorporate BMP's hot comb method next go around. It was a good first time experience overall :)

More pics in my fotki.

Last edited:
I might be missing something but what picture is of your flat ironed hair?
Nevertheless, you look absolute gorgeous!

ETA, I gotcha!, lovely hair.

You gave it a good try. My hair is usually sweating out in the front by the time I get to the back. :nono:

I like your bantu-knot out idea. I'm going to try it.

Nice job, Ceecy, you and BlackMasterPiece favor each other seriously to me!

Do you have pics of the bantu knots? Im going to try that

You looked great! That's what I love about natural hair - even when it gets big, it can still look "right". But I guess natural hair is "right" all the time.

You are so pretty I love your smile!
Your hair looks amazing in the first pic.
Next time just rock in that style with a flower in it!

Very, very pretty. Looks like your hair was reverting as you were flatironing it...when it's hot...I'm not going through all the work because it doesn't last at all, so I totally understand.

Great job... although I really like the afro you started with, have you ever done the front braids to the sides and around?

I love the idea of documenting your hair's full-circle journey, :lol:. Thanks for sharing these pictures. I see you said you put in some Sabino... so funny how some people swear by it, and some hair just laughs at it.

You gave it a good try. My hair is usually sweating out in the front by the time I get to the back. :nono:

I like your bantu-knot out idea. I'm going to try it.

Try it out and share pics, please. Oh I love your blog, you have a way with words :)

Lol got to love humidity:rolleyes:

I love how shiny you hair is though!:drunk:

Yes, it's very hot and humid out here. I'll attribute the shine to Sabino. Even though it didn't helpblock humidity, it made my hair super soft and shiny. my hair is still oh so soft!!!

Your hair is pretty! Great job!:clapping: I can't wait to have your length as a natural.

You'll be there in no time!!!

Nice job, Ceecy, you and BlackMasterPiece favor each other seriously to me!

Do you have pics of the bantu knots? Im going to try that
Aww thanks. I have just one pic of the bantu knot in my fotki. Here's the link: http://public.fotki.com/ceecy29/november-2009-month-23/020.html
But I re-did them a little tighter and smaller.

I might be missing something but what picture is of your flat ironed hair?
Nevertheless, you look absolute gorgeous!

ETA, I gotcha!, lovely hair.

Lol! If you have to ask...yeah I had to think fast cos I knew I wasn't getting no bone straight silky results :)

You are so pretty I love your smile!
Your hair looks amazing in the first pic.
Next time just rock in that style with a flower in it!

That's a great suggestion. Thanks!!! :)

Very, very pretty. Looks like your hair was reverting as you were flatironing it...when it's hot...I'm not going through all the work because it doesn't last at all, so I totally understand.

Yeah I totally understand what you mean. I just saw it as an opportunity to see my length + I have never flat ironed my whole head, so it was kind of like a challenge for me, I guess I passed!!! :)

Your hair is beautiful, how long did you transition before you big chopped?

About 7 months, from July 07 to Jan 08. Thank you!!!

Great job... although I really like the afro you started with, have you ever done the front braids to the sides and around?

Thanks!!! I'm probably really slow right now but I can't picture the style you're describing.

I love the idea of documenting your hair's full-circle journey, :lol:. Thanks for sharing these pictures. I see you said you put in some Sabino... so funny how some people swear by it, and some hair just laughs at it.

Yeah I go hard with pictures lol :perplexed. So true, about the Sabino, I was so sure it was going to work too...lol!!! Thankfully I got it during their sale.

i know that all too well.. i try to flat iron in vain lol.. i do like doing bantu knots on my hair they turn out pretty.. Your hair looks good..

Back