I really like your hair!!!!

GodMadeMePretty

This is the reaction that I've gotten from every co-worker of mine today. The first one was a white male. He thought I had gone to a salon and had it done. Made me feel real good that I took 2 hours to flat twist my hair last night. Thanks to you ladies who suggested perm rods for the ends, my hair is nice and curly and everybody loves it.

Three other co-workers - black ladies - told me that it was a welcome change from my ponytail-tucked-under-every-day look. Ms. E told me that I should take a picture (which I should cuz I look FLY. I look like I have on a wig. :D ). I told one of them, J, after she was a bit more honest about my "ragged" ponytail look ("all that hair that you keep pulled back in a ponytail), that the less I manipulated my hair, the more length I retained. And I told her about hair constantly brushing the shoulders is subject to breaking, etc., etc. Which she believed since I'm the only black woman in the office who does this and my hair is longer and thicker than all of theirs.

She realized that what I was saying was true because of what she does with her daughters' hair. She already uses vaseline on her youngest daughter's hair (she's 7) and her hair is waist-length. All she does is wash it and put vaseline in it and keeps it braided up. She does the braids herself with just her daughter's hair. Her oldest daughter has a relaxer but she keeps it braided up also and her hair has recovered quite well from a bad perm.

So she said she was going to start wearing her hair up more often. She had long hair as a child until she started perming, curling it, etc. Guess what? She's going to try the baggie method. She already wears phony pony's and I told her to just dampen the ends and apply the vaseline that she already has, but a baggie over it and put the pony in. I've never worn a phony pony but she knows what to do. I can't wait to see the results. And I let her know - it's back to the ponytail for me.

I'm having a GOOD hair day. I only hope my hair stays like this all day because I took the twists out in the car on the way to work and my husband hasn't seen it. Ms. E says that I should call him up for lunch. (I better not - he might try to jump my bones. :lachen: )

GMMP, first...I wanna see a pic :)

Next, I bet you are going to get all sorts of inquiries now, "How do you...and how can I..."

It has already begun. They all asked me what I did. J couldn't believe that I got all these "curls" from just twisting it. She thought I set it on rollers.

I just hope it doesn't fall by tonight so I can get my hubby to take pictures of it.

I'm glad to hear that it turned out cute. I wanna see pics!! I'm gonna try that flat twisting thing one of these days.

What a nice story! You're probably right about your hubby :) Hope it lasts till dinner!!

Please take pix. We all want to see!

Congratulations! :up: It always makes me smile to hear stories like yours. I hope you have many more good hair days like today!I'm going to have to learn how to flat twist one of these days...

Back