I Really Hate that Qhemet...

I finally got my June 7th order on Monday. I must say that I'm really loving the AOHC and the Coco Tree Detangling Ghee. The BRC was okay. I really needed something thick with good ingredients. The Cantu Leave In wasn't doing it for me and I gave it away. But the AOHC is just what I needed. The search is over (for now). I just mist my hair with water, apply it, and twist. I like the consistency of it better than the BRC but it's good too.

I lovvvve the amla and olive heavy cream:lick::lick:. It is the ONLY moisturizer that I have ever used that allows me to go more than one day between moisturizing. Amazing!
What's not amazing is that wait after the order though, lol, so now I just go to NY and get jars from instore, saves on that lame shipping.

I can't wait for the next sale! Since I only ordered sample sizes I need more before it's all gone. I am trying to stretch it but I don't think the Burdock cream is going to make it:lachen:. This time I am going to stock up. I CANNOT be without this stuff :grin:. I was gonna try Hairveda first but somehow got enticed by Qhemet instead and boy am I glad I did.

I plan to get the olive amla heavy cream, burdock cream, olive honey hydrating balm (used this years ago- excellent). The tea gel is AWESOME!!!!! But I have my holy grail gel with Hairveda Whipped Gelly.

I plan to get the olive amla heavy cream, burdock cream, olive honey hydrating balm (used this years ago- excellent). The tea gel is AWESOME!!!!! But I have my holy grail gel with Hairveda Whipped Gelly.

Ditto on the Olive Alma Heavy Cream. I also need to stock up on some more burdock root butter cream. :lick: Can't wait!

This really sucks. I have tried to give the AOHC another try but I still can't get it to work. I use the back section of my hair for testing so I wet it then mixed AOHC with the honey balm and my hair feels even drier and crunchy. When I use the hydrating balm alone or with the burdock cream it feels great. This is the combo (Burdock/Honey balm) I used on the rest of my hair and it feels silky, soft and very moisturized. Anytime I throw AOHC in the mix though=dry, crunchy hair. I was looking at the ingredients of all three and I see that castor oil is the 1st one in the AOHC so I'm wondering if castor oil doesn't agree with my hair. I have never used castor oil in my hair so I don't know what effects it has on my hair.

Oh well, I ordered 2 jars of the Burdock Root Cream and a sample of the Karkady Tea Mist. I plan on purchasing more of the Honey Balm soon as well. Like I said before I just hope the burdock cream/honey balm combo can withstand Michigan winters because I am loving it in this warmer weather!

This really sucks. I have tried to give the AOHC another try but I still can't get it to work. I use the back section of my hair for testing so I wet it then mixed AOHC with the honey balm and my hair feels even drier and crunchy. When I use the hydrating balm alone or with the burdock cream it feels great. This is the combo (Burdock/Honey balm) I used on the rest of my hair and it feels silky, soft and very moisturized. Anytime I throw AOHC in the mix though=dry, crunchy hair. I was looking at the ingredients of all three and I see that castor oil is the 1st one in the AOHC so I'm wondering if castor oil doesn't agree with my hair. I have never used castor oil in my hair so I don't know what effects it has on my hair.

Oh well, I ordered 2 jars of the Burdock Root Cream and a sample of the Karkady Tea Mist. I plan on purchasing more of the Honey Balm soon as well. Like I said before I just hope the burdock cream/honey balm combo can withstand Michigan winters because I am loving it in this warmer weather!

Maybe you should try the AOHC in the winter time? Are you using it on the length of your hair or the new growth, and is it leaving the entire head hard or is it harder in one spot than another? IDK, just throwing things out there. Castor oil is a very thick, sticky oil and that's great for sealing, so you may want to make sure you use AOHC on top of something else and not alone. Of course, if it still doesn't work, I will gladly be willing to take it off your hands! :grin:

Maybe you should try the AOHC in the winter time? Are you using it on the length of your hair or the new growth, and is it leaving the entire head hard or is it harder in one spot than another? IDK, just throwing things out there. Castor oil is a very thick, sticky oil and that's great for sealing, so you may want to make sure you use AOHC on top of something else and not alone. Of course, if it still doesn't work, I will gladly be willing to take it off your hands! :grin:

Hey Ronnie. I sectioned off the nape which is the driest part of my hair and used it on that part, the whole length. I am transitioning and the back also has the most natural hair since I was growing out a relaxed style that was tapered in the back. When I first tried the AOHC I used it alone, on dry hair:nono:. Then on wet hair:nono:, wet hair with burdock cream:nono: and now wet hair mixed with honey balm:nono:. I don't think I'll try it in the winter because I feel like if it's making my hair crunchy now it'll be worse in cold weather. I don't use ANY silicones, so I know it's not that and the rest of my hair-the parts where I didn't use AOHC-feels great! I just read a post where a girl said that castor oil made her hair hard and dry. So I am thinking maybe my hair doesn't like it. I did want to use it on my hairline to thicken it up but it may dry that up too. Oh well at least I found other things from Qhem that work.

PS. When I'm ready to get rid of it I WILL PM you.:yep:

Their items have been on my list of wanted for a long time now but everytime I want to order from the only store its available in here in the uk its always out of stock...so I am waiting for mariposa imports to get stock in on the 15th...by then I hope I can avoid to by 1 or two from the line.

I'm glad i can buy her products at one of my health food stores. I'm going friday to get my mom some gel and I need AHOC. No waiting and no shipping charges.

Man, Qhem is on a roll this time. My stuff already shipped today after ordering Friday!!!

I'm NEVER going to stop buying the Amla and Olive Heavy Cream. It hydrates, moisturizes and softens my half natural and half relaxed hair.

I got it on a humble - through the "Hated it, dump your products on me" thread. Paid zilch for it an almost full container. Even in this summer weather I use it. It's not too heavy for my hair and I don't walk around looking slick and greasy. I absolutely :lovedrool: this stuff.

I think this is the only product in my stash that I'll buy over and over and over. I may buy samples of their other products as a celebration gift to myself when I become 100% natural.

I'm NEVER going to stop buying the Amla and Olive Heavy Cream. It hydrates, moisturizes and softens my half natural and half relaxed hair.

I got it on a humble - through the "Hated it, dump your products on me" thread. Paid zilch for it an almost full container. Even in this summer weather I use it. It's not too heavy for my hair and I don't walk around looking slick and greasy. I absolutely :lovedrool: this stuff.

I think this is the only product in my stash that I'll buy over and over and over. I may buy samples of their other products as a celebration gift to myself when I become 100% natural.

I needed to see this review today. I am trying Qhemet out for the first time and I only ordered the Amla and Olive Heavy Cream because I really need a great moisturizer for summer and winter. Thanks again.

I can't wait for the Amla and Olive Heavy Cream to come back in stock on mariposa - I have been hearing great reviews about this from naturals for far too long, I need to see for myself!

I know that a lot of people are commenting on the Amla and Olive Heavy Cream, which truly is the bomb. But I have to tell you, don't sleep on the Olive and Honey Balm. Every day for the past 3 weeks, I conditioner wash, put on the Burdock Root, the AOHC, and then I seal with the honey balm. I actually don't even need to moisturize every day because it has my hair feeling that soft. (But I do it every day because I feel like it. :look:)

Their items have been on my list of wanted for a long time now but everytime I want to order from the only store its available in here in the uk its always out of stock...so I am waiting for mariposa imports to get stock in on the 15th...by then I hope I can avoid to by 1 or two from the line.

You mean you've tried Adornment365? In Morley's department store???

I know that a lot of people are commenting on the Amla and Olive Heavy Cream, which truly is the bomb. But I have to tell you, don't sleep on the Olive and Honey Balm. Every day for the past 3 weeks, I conditioner wash, put on the Burdock Root, the AOHC, and then I seal with the honey balm. I actually don't even need to moisturize every day because it has my hair feeling that soft. (But I do it every day because I feel like it. :look:)

Thanks for adding. I currently moisturize with the AOHC then seal my ends with pure Castor Oil. I'm thinking even that is not necessary because the Amla has castor oil as the first indgredient but I do it anyway. My hair is budda (butter) soft. I can't stop touching it. I have YET to experience demarcation breakage since transition day one because I've been set on moisturizing roots.

Has anyone used the Amla on wet hair? You can use it on wet or dry right now, I'm just using it on dry.

Thanks for adding. I currently moisturize with the AOHC then seal my ends with pure Castor Oil. I'm thinking even that is not necessary because the Amla has castor oil as the first indgredient but I do it anyway. My hair is budda (butter) soft. I can't stop touching it. I have YET to experience demarcation breakage since transition day one because I've been set on moisturizing roots.

Has anyone used the Amla on wet hair? You can use it on wet or dry right now, I'm just using it on dry.

No problem. I will always sing the praises of Qhemet Biologics. :yep:

I have actually used Amla on both wet and dry hair. In fact, I usually use it on wet hair or on dampened hair. I forgot to add that in my daily regimen, after conditioner washing I many times dry my hair and spray a leave-in conditioner. The reason I do this is because I don't trust the water in my apartment. :ohwell:

im really loving the heavy cream but i dont use it as much anymore as i am trying to save it for my winter twists and such. if i use it now i do so at night before i go to bed. it is a little on the greasy side but i like that.

I got my order today...that was really quick!

I'm excited to try the moisturizers, but I'm PISSED that my 2 oz. sample sizes are barely half full. What's up with that??

I got my order today...that was really quick!

I'm excited to try the moisturizers, but I'm PISSED that my 2 oz. sample sizes are barely half full. What's up with that??

Are you sure that the containers themselves are 2 oz? Perhaps the containers are larger then 2 oz and there is just 2 oz worth of product?

*happy tear* I am in :love: with Qhemet!

So I got my stuff from the July 3rd sale yesterday and so far I've only tried the cocoa tree detangling ghee and the amla and olive heavy cream and I am in LOVE. Since my hair journey started in January, I have tried at least 10 different leave ins and moisturizers and none of them were cutting it. After only using these Qhemet products ONCE, I can truly say Qhemet is AMAZING! I literally had a hairgasm last night and today.....STILL super moisturized and SOOOOOOOO soft! I'm having HIH syndrome today. I usually don't like to rave about a product until I've tried it a couple of times, but I am so excited I wanted to share! I can't wait to try the Burdock Root Butter Cream tonight!

Are you sure that the containers themselves are 2 oz? Perhaps the containers are larger then 2 oz and there is just 2 oz worth of product?
Nope, they're 2 oz. containers--I have some empty jars just like them. I even weighed them, and there's less than 1.5 ounces of product in the jars. When you look at the moisturizers, you can see that the jars are barely half full.

This happened to me with Hairveda, too...I don't know what's going on with these companies, but I'm going to write to Qhemet to complain. :nono:

i really love that heavy cream. and it will last me forever too. except when i start using more to do twists(but thats when my hair gets longer).
there are other products i want to try from them but i have so much stuff to use up. there is now a store in my area that sale some of qhemet stuff but i just need to find the store lol.

Back