I realized my hair was kind of long when...

my hair was a fraction of an inch beyond SL and I could not take the tickling? I cut it out of anger (!!!)

a certain neighbor saw me out with a fresh flatironed 'do and he slowed down to look.

*whines and crys* I want a Ahha Moment too!

Ummmm, have you seen your siggy lately? :lachen::lachen:

-----
It is not where I want it, but I know it is growing longer because:
- I have to say "ouch, you're on my hair" to DH
- My "paintbrush" is starting to look more like a pigtail and I am looking forward to pony
- I can actually do a "Southern Tease" bun
- I only have one more "goal' hair clip that my hair can't hold. I started with 3.
- The Indian girl who makes my salads for lunch said "Oh my, your hair looks beautiful" and it was pulled back.

I am pretty much at SL now, but full SL or APL will be longer than it has ever been. March '09, here I come.

I noticed my hair was getting longer when:

-For the first time after my BC I could see my hair while I was in the shower.
-My twistouts hang down instead of going out
-I have to wash/detangle my hair in sections.
-I can put my hair in a ponytail with no problem

DEFINATELY agree with getting it caught in everything and with not having arms long enough to blow dry the hair on top of my head.

And this may sound silly, but sometimes i forget to clip my hair back before brushing my teeth. Just realized today how far away from the sink I have to keep my head to keep my ends from getting wet.

Something I do now that I aways looked forward to was being able to see my ends with my own eyes, rather then have to look at them in the mirror because the hair was too short to extend it in front of my face.

Love this thread.....

4 me: I had to buy a more expensive larger umbrella to ensure all my hair is covered when it rains.....

When I started carrying clips with me everyday (if my hair was flat ironed and down) just in case I need to do something that may cause my hair to be in the way....

A few days ago,I went to an interview for a scholarship and the man who interviewed me asked if I had on a wig or weave...just played his question off because I really want the scholarship despite the random inquiry

Last edited:
This was when I was a long hair, but I realized my hair was long when I would be reading on my bed and my hair was actually long enough to lay on the bed as well.

Maybe it's just me, but when my hair touches my back, especially a same area on my back, for a while, I get used to it. Well I stretched for about 19 weeks before relaxing in August. I noticed my hair was long-er when I washed for the first time after relaxing because a good part of my back wasn't used to it... and it was almost BSL! Lol.

I realized my hair was getting longer when:
- my bangs touched my shoulder :yep:
- I was walking around my house w/ a bra and felt something tickling the bottom of my back, thought it was a bug and it was my hair :blush:
- I went into a BSS and someone asked me "what length Remy are you wearing, 16-18in?"
- It gets caught under my arm, pocket books, seat belt....etc...

That was a good one. :lachen:What did you say?

When I was taking care of a white patient and she could not believe that "my hair was my hair". It was styled into two pokahontas braids. She kept going on and on. She just could not believe that "we" could grow our hair long. :perplexed Also get weave checked quite a bit. :ohwell:

OMG, really, what did you say?

For me, just having it flying in my mouth all the time when it's windy and eating it when I eat. I can't wait for it to get APL, so I can have the armpit and bug problem. :lol:

I love this thread

I had an aha moment when I had flatironed my hair when it was 10 wks post, 80% dry and it was so beautiful (nearly APL/ so BSB). I had that bug feeling too. It was awesome.

I noticed my hair was getting longer when......

my sister in law walked up to me and said, "I didn't realize that was you from the back. I thought it was Tasha (her daughter) with a new wig or a new weave."

after relaxing my hair my niece kept repeating, "look at your ponytail."

I'm noticing that while sitting, my hair sometimes brushes against my arms or sometimes strands get caught in the bend of my elbow! YAY! :grin:

After I did my touch up, I unwrapped my towel and this big mass blopped down and began to hang down my back.

When I am detangling and oo'ing and aaa'ing like I am in a herbal essence commercial.

One day I was sitting in my office and I was sitting back on my chair and I tried to turn around when someone called me and realized that my back was pressing my hair to the chair.

When my boss weave checked me.

When I have to bring my hair to the front to comb it

When my high ponytail started brushing my shoulders

When it spills over the back of my sofa when I lay down

When I have to pull my hair back before washng my face or brushing my teeth

When I slapped myself thinking it was a bug

When my aunt asked me if I used fertilizer on my hair lol

I realized my hair was long when.....

Pulling it back was no longer for protective styling but out of necessity to eat, brush teeth, wash face and to get air during the summertime *hair feels like a scarf in 90+ weather*.

When I wash my hair in the sink it all goes down in the drain when rinsing.

Shed hair balls are bigger giving the appearance of excessive shedding. This one really scared me at first :look:

When we went to meet my DH's family for the first time and I had a few curls and when we got there my hair was straight. I kept trying to figure out what happened.............then........ding!.........the light came on......I flattened the curls in the car from leaning on them during the car ride. :auto:

I also got a lot of compliments on my hair during this family reunion.

Hmm when I was sleeping at night and forgot to tie my hair up and I kept laying in :drunk:my hair because it was resting a little past the shoulders

Over the summer a relative felt my bun up. She thought there was added hair in it, lol. I told her no boo its all me. She was shocked and asked how long I have been natural.

It's heavier.

I get the bug sensation on my ears, neck, and chest all at the same time when Im braided in the front/sides.

I realized my hair was long when somebody at work yelled out "Hey Mala how are you" ... Mala is the Indian girl in my office LOL She has long black hair and is dark like me. I was like I knew that damn henna paid off ahahahaha :lachen:

I knew my hair was long when I straighten it and I have to use a smaller purse because I can't use a long strap purse cuz my hair gets caught on the strap.

...when I have to put it in a scrunchie just to sit down, otherwise I sit on it

...when finally was able to put it in a large bun without a donut!

... when my shed hair started to be long as heck

... when it started to brush up against my elbows

... when for the first time I could take my nape hairs and wrap it around my throat twice (am I the only fool that does this?)

Alright lemme stop

I realized my hair was longER when I was roller setting my hair and I had to use the green ones (2 in.) instead of the pink ones (1.5 in) for straightening.

when the african lady at the braidery told me my hair was too long to get the human hair micros.. but i didn't believe her and then when people started asking me what i was mixed with...

Back