I permed my hair last night and........

e$h

...it turned out grrrreat! Let me start by saying that I stretched for about 22-23 weeks and it was well worth it. I don't have a stylist (although I wouldn't mind one) so I had to build up enough courage to perm it myself. I stalked LondonDiva and Southerngirl's fotki's in preparation (thanks for the info). After all the praying and hella deep breaths, I went for it. I started from the back and I had planned to work my way to the front (of course). However, my mom came to see what I was doing and she said that I needed to add more perm to the back because there wasn't enough put on (see, that's how nervous I was because I was clearly tryin to be careful). She knows about my hair journey and such, so decided to just finish perming for me (after witnessing my hands and arms shaking cause I was nervous as all hell. Plus she usually perms it for me anyway).
Anywho, when everything was done, I rinsed and washed, rinsed and washed rinsed and washed, rinsed and washed and WOOOOW! Even my mom was like WHOA!
I wanna thank all the ladies here for recommending stretching relaxers. It really does pay off.
I would love to post pics but I'm hiding my hair til April Fool's Day:p .

Again, I am thanking LHCF for my progress. I couldn't have done it without you all:kiss: .

Congrats! Isn't it liberating? I'm glad it turned out good. My last stretch was 20 weeks, so understand the "ordeal". What relaxer did you use? I guess if you are on the Hide Your Hair challenge, you could post a pic with your hair in a bun in order to comply with the rules and not reveal your length..??? Take pics anyway for your own record, even if you don't post them.

I'm glad to hear about your success. Stretching for 22 weeks...wow I'm sitting here thinking I am doing something big with 10 weeks. But anyway, congrats girl!!!

Yay for you, Missy!! :D Im so jealous. I wish I had enough courage to self-relax. What relaxer did you use?

Congrats on the stretch. That is a loong time. I remember how my hair looked much longer after a 15 weeks stretch so I can only imagine how great your hair looks after 20+ weeks. I would love to see pictures..guess I have to wait until April :ohwell:

congrates on your progress. the longest i've stretched was for 13 weeks. i'm going to try to make it to 15 weeks this time. i wish i could relax my own hair.

Welcome to the ranks of the self relaxers:D I'm a Silk Element girl and I love the freedom of self relaxing cause I can do it without wearing much:lol:

blac_quarian said:
Congrats! Isn't it liberating? I'm glad it turned out good. My last stretch was 20 weeks, so understand the "ordeal". What relaxer did you use? I guess if you are on the Hide Your Hair challenge, you could post a pic with your hair in a bun in order to comply with the rules and not reveal your length..??? Take pics anyway for your own record, even if you don't post them.

Blac_quarian it is soooo liberating. I used ORS normal. My 2nd time and I love it! I have taken pics and I will post them in April. I guess I could take a pic of my sorry bun and post it though. That shouldn't do any harm.

Shunta I used ORS normal. I truly love this relaxer.

Bellesocialite and thefineprint-sorry but you have to wait til April :grin: . I'm impatient too girl! Just think...April will be here in no time.

I really didn't wanna post anything but I just had to. The progress and excitement was just too good to hold in.

Thanks for all your lovely comments ladies.

Congrats on the successful loonnngg strectch and self relaxing!!

How were u wearing ur hair towards the end of the stretch?

Caramela said:
E$h, how much new growth did you get in 23 weeks?

I honestly don't know because I don't do any measuring. However, I can sooo tell that it was a good amount because of the length that was gained. I can also tell the thickness (a lil bit) with how my bun looks.

ayoung1981 said:
Congrats on the successful loonnngg strectch and self relaxing!!

How were u wearing ur hair towards the end of the stretch?

Thank you! I was bunning it everyday. I have a pic in the thread Serinitybreeze started up about protective styles everyday or something like that. My pic is in that thread. My bun looked a lil dwarfish (if that's a word :lol: ) compared to the pic that's in my siggy.

wheezy807 said:
I second that motion!

@e$h- what was your current length before your stretch?

Well, I was past shoulder length but waaay above armpit (my observation). I think I might be near armpit now. I've been taking pics w/o my shirt I got from DSD and I so need to be wearing that when I take my pics:wallbash: .

Wow! I don't have the nerve to perm my own hair so I go to a professional.

Kudos for you! I just discovered stretching and I have a gradual approach. I did 9 weeks and it wasn't too bad, my next stretch is 12 weeks (not sure I can go 22) but I'm sure the results are amazing! Can't wait to see photos! You go girl!

Brandi said:
Wow! I don't have the nerve to perm my own hair so I go to a professional.

Kudos for you! I just discovered stretching and I have a gradual approach. I did 9 weeks and it wasn't too bad, my next stretch is 12 weeks (not sure I can go 22) but I'm sure the results are amazing! Can't wait to see photos! You go girl!

Thank you! Girl when I tell you I was scurrrrrred. I was scurrrrrred! But it came out great so hey! I wasn't sure that I could go 22 weeks but I made it. If it wasn't for this board, I would have relaxed 10 weeks sooner. Beyond the zone stiff head really helped a bunch. You should invest in one of those tubes if you plan on stretching to 12 weeks. That's that ish right thurr!:lol:

Back