I pampered my hubby's hair and now he understands!

Cleo

I pampered my hubby\'s hair and now he understands!

My husband thinks that I am too fanatical about my hair and he really gets overwhelmed when I talk to him about it /images/graemlins/mad.gif (Do any of you have this problem with yours?) ..He never actually complains about it but you can see it all over his face. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Well, last night I asked him if he wanted me to do his hair and he looked shocked but said yes. I treated him to one of my shampoos that smells yummy (Lanza) with a head message and then proceeded to give him an instensive conditioning treatment (he enjoyed the tingling menthol in the treatment).

I let it sit for 15 minutes, rinsed and then put some Elasta QP Mango Butter in to give him moisture and softness. Ladies, he LOVED IT! 5 minutes later while getting ready for bed he asked me, "So how often are you going to do it for me, and should I get some of my own products ?" /images/graemlins/grin.gif. I was tickled to say the least and I know that he will look at my hair maintenance in a whole new light. /images/graemlins/wink.gif ...Give it a try and see if it helps.

Re: I pampered my hubby\'s hair and now he understands!

Cleo,

Luckily my man understands my hair obsession and usually listens intently. In fact today I called him at work to rant about hair and he listened intently as usual. He loves it when I'm passionate about anything & he says I've taught him a lot. It also helps that he has a lot of hair himself, though he tells me even if he met me and he had short hair he'd still be interested in it because I am.

On New Year's day I twisted his hair and it turned out really great esp. for my first try. I usually wash his hair and he sometimes does mine as well. I'll be teaching him how to trim my hair later as well.
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

See I would try this on mine, except he shaves his head bald. LOL he can't even stand like 3 days of growth without being uncomfortable. lol

Ah well I guess I'll just have to deal with his "hair obssession" comments since he'll never understand.

kenesha, I'm glad he likes listening, that's cool. I asked my husband what the problem was and he said that he thinks I get so worried about it and that's why he feels overwhelmed because he doesn't want me to worry so much.

He actually doesn't care how I wear my hair whether its 1 inch or 20 inches as long as i'm happy and it looks good. He said that he thinks any style or length will look good on me (which is nice to know) and loves how healthy and full my hair looks. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

He's a great husband, I just wish he didn't look so overwhelmed sometimes when I talk about it /images/graemlins/smirk.gif ...well at least he loves to listen to everything else I talk or vent about.

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif HAhahah ...that's funny Ennyaa. Well the next time he complains tell him that he couldn't possibly understand because he doesn't have any hair so end of discussion /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I did a similiar thing with my fiance's hair. Now, he begs for scalp massages and for me to wash his hair.

That's right, work that thing hon! /images/graemlins/grin.gif. I jokingly told him that next time there may be a fee ...he's still willing. lol

that is just too cute... and convenient! now you can go product shopping together and not hafta 'splain yoseff!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

adrienne

I know right! It feels kinda good. Adrienne, I told him that if he behaves I may, just may, use my real good products on him (KeraCare poo and humecto). That's major b\c I don't let him go near those ...I make sure not to leave them in the shower so he doesn't 'accidently' use them. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif (You know men will use whatever is available)

I bought him some Paul Mitchell shampoo this weekend and he was too excited that I got him some salon products.

Cleo,

What Paul Mitchell products did you use buy him? I bought my sweetie the Tea Tree shampoo he loves it, but when I did his hair last I used my Creme of Nature (Detangling, yellow&green) and Motions CPR and the Motions Nourish Leave-In Conditioner before I blew his hair out. I then twisted his hair with ORS Carrot Oil. So, he's been getting the good stuff. I've told him about KeraCare and he's been to different beauty supplies looking for it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Awwwh, that's cute. I bought him the Paul Mitchell Daily Moisture Shampoo and the Awapuhi shampoo. He particularly likes the scent of the Daily shampoo, it smells delicious.

I gave him the Motions Moisture Conditioner that I had left because I didn't love it. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Hi i know what you mean but if anything my fiance is just like me takes pride when it comes to his hair it's naturaly curly and he cuts his own hair then i shape up his edges i put all my sweet smelling conditoners in his hair he loves it /images/graemlins/grin.gif

That's so funny! My husband too now understands the importance of what we do. Since he's been using my products, his natural hair is so much softer and unbelievably curly. He just took out dreds so his hair is still pretty long but it was dry as the Sahara. I suggested using some of my S-curl and now I can't keep it away from him!

But he knows the difference between what he can use and my "good stuff."

"But he knows the difference between what he can use and my "good stuff." "

Hahahahaha ...Robin my husband does too, he gets my permission before he uses any of my "good stuff" /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Aww this thread is too cute.

LMAO They are actually getting excited over this stuff too which makes me laugh. In some ways they aren't that different from us.

My boyfriend even has the nerve to ask to use my top notch shampoo on his hair after I told him I used the leftovers that I wanted to get rid of quickly.

I couldn't agree more with you all! Ironically, tonight my boyfriend comes and tells me he's going to wash his hair(secretly screaming for me to offer my products)but I gave in and offered my Keracare shampoo(hence, it's almost empty) Needless to say he was ecstatic! He came out of the shower grinning from ear to ear. So to put the cherry on top, I put a little Elasta QP mango butter on his hair and massaged his scalp..... And he's still sleep ....LOL

i want to do this with my guy. i never really followed his routine so i dont know if he blow dries or not. do you put the elasta qp mango butter on wet hair? i may let him use my keracare shampoo and my motions oil moisturizer condtioner since i am going to get braids in my hair. any other suggestions? God bless you all.

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif the massage and Mango butter does it every time. Watch out though ... I went away for the weekend, and when I went to bed with him last night, I could smell the Mango butter all in his hair /images/graemlins/smirk.gif ...he's been messing in my stuff /images/graemlins/smile.gif. I guess I may get him his own. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Azul, I towel dried my husbands hair after conditioning it and then put in the Mango butter while it was still damp. When it dried, it had a really nice sheen and was softer than usual. I think he's hooked /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I didn't know Elasta QP did a Mango butter. Does anyone mind listing the ingredients for this please. I have used some of their products already and quite impressed with their ingredient base. Please tell me they don't contain Mineral Oil or Petroleum.

LondonDiva, I'm pretty certain that it doesn't contain mineral oil or petroleum or else I would have left it on the shelf. The ingredients (I don't remember the list) looked pretty good and a little goes a long way. I use it on my ends and it's nice and light. The scent is wonderful as well and the price is pretty reasonable, $5.49 in the states.
I think my husband has started to use it more than me, so if you get it, keep an eye on your boyfriend /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ingredients to Elasta Mango Butter:

Purified water, olive oil derived, caprylic/capric, triglyceride, coconut oil derived, peg-75 lanolin, behntrimonium, methosulfate, hexadecanol, cetearyl alcohol, ceterareth-20, dimethicone, phenyl trimethicone, mangifera indica (MANGO) seed butter, theobroma cacao (COCOA) seed butter, hydrolyzed silk, serica, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, fragrance, fd&c yellow no.5

Wha!! A you dat Pebbles. Blink and the ingredients come out of nowhere. Much appreciated. Thank You very much! I will look out for this on Friday. Yes!!! Another reason to buy a product. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Cleo, he knows about my hair fad and even has the knowledge now to eduate his mum and sisters. And when he tells them the dangers about no-lye, he looks at me for approval as if to say "did I tell them right?" Lawd you should you see his grin when I tell him "yes that is right". He looks like a puppy waiting for a treat. So taking that on board he knows I pick good products and has his eye on the good good stuff.

Then he gives that puppy dog face if I won't let him use my breakthru shampoo. HELL NO!! Cream of Nature for you my dear I need an excuse to get rid of it aside from washing my scarves with it. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
LondonDiva said:
And when he tells them the dangers about no-lye, he looks at me for approval as if to say "did I tell them right?" Lawd you should you see his grin when I tell him "yes that is right". He looks like a puppy waiting for a treat

[/ QUOTE ]

Awwwww. That is SOOO cute! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Your welcome LondonDiva. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif ... Girl you are too funny! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Diva----Based on your post I bought a sample of Breakthrough and I liked it but I don't remember liking it more than CON. I decided I would probably alternate with it.

You like it THAT much to ditch CON? Tell me why.....

I really liked it's consistency and how it felt on my hair. The CON smell was too overpowering for my nose as well. Don't get me wrong I loved the CON when I hadn't discovered Breakthru, but now that I have, CON and I are no longer together. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

LondonDiva /images/graemlins/cheers.gifBreakthru Shampoo

i am going to prep my hair for braids that i will keep in for about three months. i am wondering if the breakthru will leave a film in the hair making it itchy after a few days if i use it to prep my hair? or should i just stick with the cream of nature and just use the motions oil moisturizer conditioner and the aussie slip to prep my hair. i'm just wondering because you said it mositurizes but i dont want to have a film on my hair that will make it look dull. God bless you all.

Back