I now have some Pure Batana (Ojon)

Coffee

I will soon have some pure Batana Ojon Oil, and I'm a happy camper. I won it on eBay for $25. I can't wait to receive it!!

!Bdl7drgB2k~$(KGrHqUH-DcEri+YvRU8BK5kfGZbZQ~~_12.JPG

Can you give us an update on how it smells, when you get it??? Pretty please.

I'll let you know. Based on her description it should smell like coffee. The person selling had a 100% feedback and has been a seller since 2001. I believe it's the real thing.

I received my Batana Ojon and will be using it tomorrow. It smells like coffee....not me, the real coffee :lachen:.

I learned that batana oil and the oil used in Ojon hair products is palm oil. I got red palm oil for $11 from whole foods and it smells like real coffee too. Just so you know you don't have to spend a bunch in the future for the same results.

I learned that batana oil and the oil used in Ojon hair products is palm oil. I got red palm oil for $11 from whole foods and it smells like real coffee too. Just so you know you don't have to spend a bunch in the future for the same results.

Based on what I found, palm oil is made from the African Palm. Batana Ojon Oil comes from the American Palm in Honduras.

In the Mosquitia, after the coconut the most economically important palm is the American palm, called ojon in Miskito. The women in the Mosquitia process the oil nut of the ojon palm to make batana. This hair oil, which is available at the offices of MOPAWI, reputedly prevents baldness and gray hair. Commercially made batana shampoo is available in some natural health stores and pharmacies.

Both are expanding their plantings of African palms, as are private Honduran businessmen and cooperatives. This palm oil is used to manufacture soap, margarine, manteca vegetable shortening, and cooking oil. Low prices continue to plague the industry, which suffered sizeable losses after Mitch

Back