I need info on texlaxing/texturizing

Chameleonchick

Hey, I am trying to find out info about texlaxing. I have 4b hair I think and I just recently cut all my relaxer off I think it was "pregnancy" hormones. I have about three inches of natural hair that I'm am growing out. I am not texlaxing or texturizing anytime soon, but I would like some info about them.
Is it basically an underprocessed relaxer?

Do you have to flat iron it all the time(in order for it to be straight)?

When you wear it curly does it have to be wet or juiced up?

Do you have to re-touch more often?

is there any other info you would like to give me?

I basically am going to grow my hair out to a nice length for about 9 more months unless I really get that itch to do something else to my hair. I'm going to wear it in braids bascially while its growing out. But when the summertime comes i want my hair to be out.

--It can be something like that depending on the processing method. However, a true texturizer is applied following the hair's natural curl or wave pattern so it's not interrupted too much.

--I don't use direct heat at all. Instead, for straight hair, I wet set it. The larger the roller, the straighter my hair. I sometimes do a silky wrap if I want it even straighter.

--It should be moisturized, but I just used a little bit of moisturizer--like S-Curl--while my hair is wet and serum, arrange it, and let my hair air dry. I sometimes even use a little Aussie Tizz no Frizz gel for more even more definition while it's wet.

--Just the opposite. I only get a retouch 3, maybe 4 times a year. I can stretch longer because the line of demarcation is less noticeable.

--Detangling seems to take longer than hair that is relaxed bone straight.

HTH! :)

hmm okay I think i got it, but would you use a comb to smooth or just the hands. I would want to wear it curly and straight some days.

hmm okay I think i got it, but would you use a comb to smooth or just the hands. I would want to wear it curly and straight some days.

I get mine done by a stylist and he uses a rattail comb and a color applicator brush when applying the relaxer.

-for me, yes... i use a relaxer and purposely underprocess to get the results that i like

-i get a roller set and blowout if i want it straight....many can do it without the direct heat of a blowout though

-nope... i conditioner wash and then add a cream based moisturizer and go... no juiciness required... lol

-i retouch every 12 - 16 weeks

-a texturizer or texlaxing is generally a different journey for everyone... most of it is going to be about trial and error, so that you can find what works best for you...

--It can be something like that depending on the processing method. However, a true texturizer is applied following the hair's natural curl or wave pattern so it's not interrupted too much.

--I don't use direct heat at all. Instead, for straight hair, I wet set it. The larger the roller, the straighter my hair. I sometimes do a silky wrap if I want it even straighter.

--It should be moisturized, but I just used a little bit of moisturizer--like S-Curl--while my hair is wet and serum, arrange it, and let my hair air dry. I sometimes even use a little Aussie Tizz no Frizz gel for more even more definition while it's wet.

--Just the opposite. I only get a retouch 3, maybe 4 times a year. I can stretch longer because the line of demarcation is less noticeable.

--Detangling seems to take longer than hair that is relaxed bone straight.

HTH! :)

I agree with all of this, except my hair curls with leave-in and an oil/sealer. Sometimes I use Garnier Softcurl. And when I want it straight, I flat iron and/or rollerset.

Back