I need help

SexySin985

Ladies I have a few questions:) . I am trying to manipulate my shoulder length hair as less as possible. My choice of style is a bun (I use a homemade sock donut). And I usually do my hair in the mornings and take it down at night to moisturize, but I do this everyday and I would like limit the combing. So in total I comb my hair 14 times a week (including my big wash day which is on Saturdays). I think that's too much. And I seem to lose hair every time I comb. So here are my questions:

1. Would it be a good idea to do my big wash (pre poo, shampoo, deep cond, leave in cond, moisturize, seal with an oil, air dry) on Saturdays and once my hair dries put it in a bun and not take my hair down until Wednesday. If I do that then at night I would just take out the donut (but leave the ponytail in) and do the baggie method on my ends and then just slip the donut back on the next morning......

2. Would that, in the long run, be too drying to the hair that in not in the baggie at night because it’s not getting moisturized as much? I should also add that I am stretching and I am currently 12 weeks post relaxer. I am also a 4a/b.

3. Are there any ladies that don't moisturize and/or comb daily (especially a 4a/b)? If so how do you handle it?

Thankx a bunch in advance ladies. I look forward to the responses:)

You don't have to comb to moisturize. I don't. Take your fave conditioner or moisturizer, dilute it in some water, and add oils and things if you like and put it into a spray bottle. That way you can moisturize without manipulating the hair.

MizaniMami said:
You don't have to comb to moisturize. I don't. Take your fave conditioner or moisturizer, dilute it in some water, and add oils and things if you like and put it into a spray bottle. That way you can moisturize without manipulating the hair.

Thankx for the response:) I do that method sometimes. But the thing is my new growth is very thick so its hard for me to make an nice smooth ponytail for my bun. So I am trying to avoid taking down my ponytail altogether.

Another idea is how about rollersets with satin covered sponge rollers(walmart). They are easy to sleep in and your hair can probably dry overnight. That way in the morning you can put a leave in or moisturizer and finger comb. These curls can last for a few days.

If not you can moisturize your bun without taking it down as MizaniMami suggested. Good luck!!!!

SexySin985 said:
Thankx for the response:) I do that method sometimes. But the thing is my new growth is very thick so its hard for me to make an nice smooth ponytail for my bun. So I am trying to avoid taking down my ponytail altogether.

That sounds very cool but I am worried about those ends that are being exposed to the ponytail holder. We all know those need extra moisture because of the manipulation/pulling from the holder. Make sure you soak your ponytail holder in moisturizer and oil (in that order too).

I would try it and see how it works. But be very cautious of breakage/shedding.

Thankxs ladies for your reponses. I just washed my hair on monday and bunned it up and it's been that way since however, I do take out the donut and moisturize my ends and put on a baggy on my ponytail every night. I am going to wash my hair today and try this method again next week. So far so good.

I just really wanna not comb so much. I stopped brushing last year and noticed a hugh difference and now I would like to limit the maniupaltion.

Back