I need help with rollersetting!!!

Wildflower

Grow, hair,Grow!!!
My hair is now grazing my shoulders after my trim and I want to start rollersetting, but I don't know which ones I should buy. I've been looking online and they come in different colors, but I don't know the difference between them. I want to achive the same look as from a dominican salon, so I want to make sure I get the right size. Can someone help this poor fool???
laugh.gif

I think the purple or maroon(deep fuschia) colored ones will work for you. If you want a really loose curl, you can try the gray ones.

HTH.

With the green ones, they are semi-tight and the pink ones aren't tight at all. it also depends on how far your roll your hair on the roller too!
wink.gif

General rules for using rollers:

Choose the size of roller by the length of hair you have and the tightness of curl you want. Hair must go around the roller one-and-a-half times to give lift and volume as well as to stop the roller from falling out. For every turn around the roller after that, you will get more and more curl and a tighter result.
A section (piece of hair you are putting the roller into), should be the same size as the roller or larger.
Direct the section of hair to be rolled in the direction which you finally want it to go in the style you are aiming for. For example, back at the sides or rolling away from the face.
Offset the sections or "brickwork" them for a more natural modern look. If you don't offset them placing each roller directly behind the previous one will leave "tramlines" that will show in the finished result.
Make sure the hair is totally dry before you remove the rollers as the hairstyle will not last if it is still damp.

Anjel, I love your rollerset pics! I hope it's ok--I added you as a friend on Fotki so I could look at them as I go along. I tried to leave a comment on the album, but I couldn't. Anyway, it came out wonderful :-D.

HEY WILDFLOWER! MY HAIR IS 4 INCHES PAST SHOULDER LENGTH, I USE THE PURPLE ROLLERS AND MAYBE 2 GRAY ONES AT THE CROWN. ALSO I USE THE LONG DUCKBILL CLIPS, THEY HOLD THE ROLLERS IN PLACE BETTER! I THINK THE PURPLE ONES WILL DO WELL FOR YOU, THEY GIVE A NICE BOUNCY AND LOOSE CURL!

AnjelLuvsUBabe or anyone who knows-
Do the rubberbands leave a crinkly mark in your hair when you roller set it this way?
-aregee

Back