I need help ASAP

lhogan6

Hi everyone! Ok, so I got a relaxer this past Saturday then she did a wash and set. My hair came out nice with bouncy curls. I wrapped my hair that night and when I woke up the next day and unwrapped it was nice and full. So I wrapped it again last night and this morning my hair is flat and thin looking. What did I do wrong? How do I fix it? Is it ok to wash it? It looks oily and thin I'm so sad. Please help

honestly thats the reason why i stopped relaxing cuz that oily non moving look was so ugly to me. im relaxed again and to stop it i just used less product by upping my moisture when i washed. you should wash your hair and DC with a steamer would be better and prepoo with a steamer would be great and use a moisturizing shampoo ( or non at all and just use conditioner) and silk wrap your hair and when you tie it at night pin curl it so it isnt so flat. if you don want to do all that then pin curl it and see if that help first. because i use so much moisture when i wash i moisture and seal once or twice between each washing so i never get that "too much product weighed down" look

Are you putting anything on your hair daily? Anything with oils will weigh it down and give it that flat look in addition to having a fresh relaxer.

It's probably the fact that you've used some sort of product on it after the initial wash and set. The bouncy and flowy hair only stays that way for a while because most folks need to replenish the hair with product to keep the hair moisturised - the key is to not use too much, or use as much as your hair needs. I find that the more my hair is becoming healthier, the longer I can keep that bounce to my hair in between washes.

If you feel like you need to wash and DC you should just go ahead and do it - you don't need a steamer, just DC under your dryer.

Last edited:
It's probably just weighed down with product & of course the hair always looks pretty flat after a fresh relaxer. Pincurling, using rollers (flexi rods or a few large rollers at the top of your wrap), and cross-wrapping can help your hair from looking too flat.

When I'm wearing my hair straight, I usually just moisturize my ends. Good luck!

No, i havent put anything in it because my hair gets weighed down. I think the problem is my hair overprocessed.

No, i havent put anything in it because my hair gets weighed down. I think the problem is my hair overprocessed.

Hi LH -

Not saying that it is not necessarily the case - but I think it is due to the type of products used to style your hair. There is nothing wrong with washing and conditioning your hair at this point to determine if there is an issue with your elasticity...

Do you normally wrap your hair? I ask because wrapping always makes my hair look flat and lifeless especially if there aren't any curls in the hair prior to wrapping.

Back