I Need Advice(kinda long)

Wildchild453

When I hit waist I stop
Today I went and got my hair pressed, /images/graemlins/shocked.gif this is big for me since the last time I used heat on my hair was in August. The woman is someone my Mom works with so I was feeling generous.

She was good but she wasn't great. Like I liked the fact that she asked me if I wanted a trim and didn't take it upon herself to do it. plus she even turned me in front of the mirror so I could see how much she took off. I liked that.

When I stared to wince she eased up a little but not enough, which leads to why I need advice. In the detangling department...she's alittle rough..ok alot rough. I'm only 17 and this woman works with my mom, so I was wondering what's a good way that could tell her to do things a certain way w/o seeming rude? Help, me

Say 'this is the way I do my hair, would you do it like that?' If not, tell moms you don't want to go to her anymore. Bottom line: It is your hair regardless of age.

You should not feel bounded by your age and the fact that this is someone who your mom works with. What are you afraid of? Are you thinking that if you say something to her that she will act differently towards you and your mom? I can understand if you are shy or something, but I'm sure you do not want your hair to be damage just because you are afraid of telling her how you want her to treat your hair. You can simply say "Can you be a bit gentler?" It's best to tell her something before she does any damage to your hair when she presses it.

I understand why you do not want to speak up for fear that she thinks you are rude. I would just tell her that you are extrememely tenderheaded.

Yell "ouch!" at the first yank. I know it sounds crazy, it works /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Then she'll apologize and/or get embarassed (doesn't matter which and ask you if you're ok). At that point, say "my scalp is tender, so please just be very gentle when you're detangling." And keep reminding her if she reverts. This should work. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
miss_brown said:
Yell "ouch!" at the first yank. I know it sounds crazy, it works /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Then she'll apologize and/or get embarassed (doesn't matter which and ask you if you're ok). At that point, say "my scalp is tender, so please just be very gentle when you're detangling." And keep reminding her if she reverts. This should work. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this should work.... /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif I started getting flashbacks (OUCH) when I use to go to this hairdresser several years ago. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Back