I need a plan of attack

BGT

Some of you know that I've been battling chicken pox all week and it was most severe on my scalp, very itchy and sore. Itchiness is gone and I just have scabs on my scalp. To deal with the itchiness, I've been using this medicated anti itch shampoo and basing my scalp with wen and calamine and putting coconut oil on my ends. I haven't been able to detangle all week so I have a huge matted nest on my head.

Now that my scalp is healed, I need to know how best to get my soft hair back :lol: the calamine has made it dry and it's very knotted. I'm relaxed and about 6 weeks post. Any advice?

Detangle your hair and remove the shed hair. Next you can saturate your hair with your favorite moisturizing conditioner and let it sit until your hair begins to soften. It may help if you do this in sections. My soft hair conditioner is hello hydration

Should I completely detangle before washing? I detangle after taking out a weave.

Please completely finger detangle with EVCO soaked fingers, before putting anything wet on your hair. The EVCO will make your hair more pliable. Also, take your time by doing one small section at a time.

I'm sorry that you're going through this and happy that you've recovered from the pox. It's my understanding that it's a beast with adults :sad:

Last edited:
Yes, detangle before washing. Been there where I didn't detangle properly after removing braids. Never again.

If oil doesn't help, try Mane n Tail detangler or Hawaiian Silky 14 n 1. My hair detangles best with one of these vs oils. My hair is relaxed with tangly hair tendencies.

Add evoo and honey to your conditioner for moisture boost. Steam the conditioner in if you can. That helps to replenish moisture.

So that detangling session wasn't as bad as I thought. I warmed up some EVCO and EVOO and rubbed that throughout my hair with some Hawaiian Silky 14-in-1 and Pantene detangling spray. I was able to completely detangle. Combed out a lot of scabs too, eww.

Gonna pre-poo overnight then wash with clarifying shampoo, HE smoothing shampoo, AM 3 minute miracle and DC with Nexxus Humectress.

Back