I Miss Being This Lengthhhhh!!!

NaturalShe94

This was about 2 and a half years ago. I had to cut it ALL off about a year and a half ago because that color damaged my poor stands! I cut it SL length.
I was at hip length back then and my hair was ALWAYS up in a bun or flip up...
Had I not put that stupid color in, I would've been at my desired goal of TBL a long time ago!

:cry3::cry3::cry3::cry3::cry3:

Attachments

• 1381850_578548305514883_484982737_n.jpg
    1381850_578548305514883_484982737_n.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 334
Any tips on how you stopped breakage, my hair gets to a certain length and starts breaking off

For one, keeping ends MOISTURED as much as you can!!! My breakage calmed down a WHOLE LOT over the past few weeks from doing that and deep conditioning.... I also now put my hair in a satin bonnet every night, doesn't matter if my hair is done or not....
What ultimately stopped it was the Aphogee's 2-step Protein Treatment I put it in my hair two days ago! I had never gotten a protein treatment before and I believe that's what my hair needed! Since I've used the treatment I have only seen regular shedding, no breakage and it's been two days now....
Other things I do now is finger detangle, I hardly ever use a brush or comb anymore unless I really have too or I need to distribute product throughout my hair.... I water-wash or co-wash with my conditioner about once a week, especially if I feel some build up..... And, my vitamins seems to be making my hair stronger.... (I take Womens One A Day).

Protective styling is also a biggie and usually a must, but I don't protective style that often.... My everyday style is usually a wash n go, sometimes a twist out.

For one, keeping ends MOISTURED as much as you can!!! My breakage calmed down a WHOLE LOT over the past few weeks from doing that and deep conditioning.... I also now put my hair in a satin bonnet every night, doesn't matter if my hair is done or not....
What ultimately stopped it was the Aphogee's 2-step Protein Treatment I put it in my hair two days ago! I had never gotten a protein treatment before and I believe that's what my hair needed! Since I've used the treatment I have only seen regular shedding, no breakage and it's been two days now....
Other things I do now is finger detangle, I hardly ever use a brush or comb anymore unless I really have too or I need to distribute product throughout my hair.... I water-wash or co-wash with my conditioner about once a week, especially if I feel some build up..... And, my vitamins seems to be making my hair stronger.... (I take Womens One A Day).

Protective styling is also a biggie and usually a must, but I don't protective style that often.... My everyday style is usually a wash n go, sometimes a twist out.

I'm in protective styles 90% of the time and co-wash and deep condition weekly. I can't find a moisturizer to save my life, after an hour my hair is dry again.

I'm in protective styles 90% of the time and co-wash and deep condition weekly. I can't find a moisturizer to save my life, after an hour my hair is dry again.

Is your hair damaged?
I realized I needed to deep condition using heat in order to completely moisturize my hair.
I bought a hooded dryer and I deep condition with Shea Moisture's Frizz Defense Hair Masque.
Try deep conditioning with a heated cap, under a hooded dryer or something and then rinse with COOL water to lock the moisture in.
After that, I'll either style as usual, but, most of the time, I put coconut oil in my hair, plait it up and wear a satin bonnet to sleep.
You should use Shea Moisture's Jamaican Black Castor Strengthen Grow and Restore Hair Masque as a deep conditioner. I've heard nothing but wonderful reviews moisture wise on that product as a deep conditioner. I have the leave in conditioner one and it's GREAT. So, I bet the masque is just as good if not better.
I'm not a professional, but my hair has come a long way lol. I once had very dry, damaged brittle hair, but that has changed so much.

Is your hair damaged?
I realized I needed to deep condition using heat in order to completely moisturize my hair.
I bought a hooded dryer and I deep condition with Shea Moisture's Frizz Defense Hair Masque.
Try deep conditioning with a heated cap, under a hooded dryer or something and then rinse with COOL water to lock the moisture in.
After that, I'll either style as usual, but, most of the time, I put coconut oil in my hair, plait it up and wear a satin bonnet to sleep.
You should use Shea Moisture's Jamaican Black Castor Strengthen Grow and Restore Hair Masque as a deep conditioner. I've heard nothing but wonderful reviews moisture wise on that product as a deep conditioner. I have the leave in conditioner one and it's GREAT. So, I bet the masque is just as good if not better.
I'm not a professional, but my hair has come a long way lol. I once had very dry, damaged brittle hair, but that has changed so much.

Thank you so much for your advice.

Poor thing...at least you've been there and so know you can get there again, especially now that you have corrective measures in place. Having said that...I cringed when I looked at your pic.

Lol! I'm trying so hard to be patient. I did a blow out today and I have to get a trim tmrw because my ends look ehhh... I'm going to dread letting those inches go, lol.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-06-15-20-38-57-1.png
    Screenshot_2016-06-15-20-38-57-1.png
    311 KB · Views: 126
Is your hair damaged?

@NaturalShe94, first I'm so sorry for your setback!:bighug:I am very color shy now and am nervous even to color my gray hair black because I don't want any damage. Another suggestion I was going to give you in addition to deep conditioning and using protein is to try Olaplex. That has been a game changer for my hair and helping to restore my curl pattern. I am transitioning from some heat damage and doing small trims gradually but it definitely improved my overall hair health and reduced breakage. You can get it from Amazon, I have steps 1,2 and 3 but you may only need step 3 since you cut off most of your damage.

By the way SM JBCO leave-in conditioner is the best I have ever tried. I use it every other day and my hair has never been more moisturized and soft. I am going to reorder another 3 large jars because I never want to be without it. Also need to check if I can get it on the ground from my local BSS - but that stuff was life and hair changing for me!!!

This was about 2 and a half years ago. I had to cut it ALL off about a year and a half ago because that color damaged my poor stands! I cut it SL length.
I was at hip length back then and my hair was ALWAYS up in a bun or flip up...
Had I not put that stupid color in, I would've been at my desired goal of TBL a long time ago!

:cry3::cry3::cry3::cry3::cry3:

It will grow back. This time, you are learning and understanding exactly what to do. Once you get that knowledge, no one can ever take it away from you.

@NaturalShe94, first I'm so sorry for your setback!:bighug:I am very color shy now and am nervous even to color my gray hair black because I don't want any damage. Another suggestion I was going to give you in addition to deep conditioning and using protein is to try Olaplex. That has been a game changer for my hair and helping to restore my curl pattern. I am transitioning from some heat damage and doing small trims gradually but it definitely improved my overall hair health and reduced breakage. You can get it from Amazon, I have steps 1,2 and 3 but you may only need step 3 since you cut off most of your damage.

By the way SM JBCO leave-in conditioner is the best I have ever tried. I use it every other day and my hair has never been more moisturized and soft. I am going to reorder another 3 large jars because I never want to be without it. Also need to check if I can get it on the ground from my local BSS - but that stuff was life and hair changing for me!!!

Yessss SM JBCO Leave In is my hairs everything lol. I love that product... I'll definitely look for Olaplex on Amazon. Thank you for that!

It will grow back. This time, you are learning and understanding exactly what to do. Once you get that knowledge, no one can ever take it away from you.

I know thats right. I've learned so much about my hair and the best ways to take care of it... The health of my hair has improved so much.... And your profile pic is soooo pretty, gorgeous hair!! What length are you?!

I'm right there with you Queen! From MBL, chasing WL BACK up to APL/BSL...I could've just cried. BUT, we did it once, we can do it again!!! Gorgeous hair, either way.

I know thats right. I've learned so much about my hair and the best ways to take care of it... The health of my hair has improved so much.... And your profile pic is soooo pretty, gorgeous hair!! What length are you?!

Thank you! I appreciate the compliment. My hair is about two inches past my waist, about the same length as in the picture. I tried to self trim in 2012 and failed. My next goal is to get back to hip and then it's tailbone length. Hip length December 31st 2016!

I was almost waist length and had to cut my hair this past January due to color damage. I'm currently neck length, close to shoulder. My hair wasn't breaking due to the damage, but felt like brillo and was falling out. It was a devastating experience as I thought I was going bald. I never had that reaction to hair dye before. My hair stopped falling since the cut and I've been taking biotin and viviscal since then.

Thank you! I appreciate the compliment. My hair is about two inches past my waist, about the same length as in the picture. I tried to self trim in 2012 and failed. My next goal is to get back to hip and then it's tailbone length. Hip length December 31st 2016!

I hear you! I trimmed my hair last night for the first time last night.....

I self trimmed for the first time last night with my YouTube degree, lol. But, I think I did pretty good, only part I'm dreading is the inches I cut off. I was an inch and half past waist length and now I'm just barely at waist length. Besides the fact that my hair looks healthy, I'm dreading how much I trimmed off. But, by December 2016 I should definitely hit Hip or at least a half an inch to Hip. With the rate my hair grows, it's very possible, I just pray breakage doesn't come sneaking back up on me.

I was almost waist length and had to cut my hair this past January due to color damage. I'm currently neck length, close to shoulder. My hair wasn't breaking due to the damage, but felt like brillo and was falling out. It was a devastating experience as I thought I was going bald. I never had that reaction to hair dye before. My hair stopped falling since the cut and I've been taking biotin and viviscal since then.

So sorry to hear that! It will grow back hun! Take care of it, and color damage is the worst. I told myself I'd never put color in my hair again! I take a regular multi-vitamin and an extra 100mg of B6 daily and I also drink vegetable or fruit smoothies or drinks everyday by Naked/V8 or I'll make my own. I don't have the biggest appetite all the time, so I make sure I intake my vitamins daily and drink my fruit drinks.

Back