I made wsl

How beautiful+impressive results!
Any pics of your dominican roller sets, Im sure they are gorgeous?!

Oh & how tall are you if you dont mind my asking...?

Congratulations OP, your progress is amazing and you're obviously doing things just right!

Is it just me, tho, or are you actually closer to HL than WL? It might just be the shadow on the pic but looks like you past WL about 3" ago! TAKE ANOTHER PIC so we can all discuss it :lol: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought I was the only one that thought she was pass WL and close to HL!

Your hair is gorg!

LongLeggedLife said:

I'm 5'8. I think I have an average length torso & long legs.

FoxxyLocs said:
Love it! Are you maintaining now or will you keep growing?

Sent from my HTC Evo

I wish it was longer when curly so I'm going to keep growing until next summer then I'm done. I'm going to keep shatever length I'm at & I will just start maintaining at that point.

Plus I have some ends in my crown area that have less curl, I pretty sure it's from getting my hair colored in August 2010. I'm looking forward to slowly snipping those ends off as they grow out.

Last edited:
ManeStreet said:
I'm going to keep growinv until next summer then I'm done. I wish it was longer when curly.

I have the same issue. No matter how long my hair gets, it's still shoulder length curly. If I want length I have to do braid outs and twist outs instead of WNGs.

Sent from my HTC Evo

This rollerset picture was from 03/19/12. It was kinda frizzy. I think it still wasn't dry all the way when I came out from under the drier. But I couldn't stand the heat anymore under the dryer. That was the last rollerset I got because the driers are way too hot and my scalp ends up getting Super flakey because of the heat. It's like the heat dehydrates my scalp.

Has anyone else had that problem?

Attachments

• rollerset.jpg
    rollerset.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
I have the same issue. No matter how long my hair gets, it's still shoulder length curly. If I want length I have to do braid outs and twist outs instead of WNGs.

Sent from my HTC Evo

Yeah I agree. It's like even though my hair is growing, the curls just keep wrapping around themselves at the ends rather than elongating. :perplexed

Your hair is gorgeous!!! Congratulations on making waistlength! How often will you be straightening? Shrinkage is amazing! I can see how this took you off guard regarding your length, however all of your styles are beautiful. :)

This thread makes me wanna step up my hair game. I can't wait to flat iron my hair this fall! I hope i get a nice surprise too :-) you have my ultimate goal length!

That's what i love about shrinkage! It looks like your hair is the same length until you straighten it. I can tell just by the weight of my hair when wet that it has gotten longer.

Sent from my N860 using LHCF

Your hair is gorgeous!!! Congratulations on making waistlength! How often will you be straightening? Shrinkage is amazing! I can see how this took you off guard regarding your length, however all of your styles are beautiful. :)

I straighten about twice a year.

I would pull it when it was curly to try and length check but I still thought is was shorter when I did that. And I had no idea what the fullness would be like, I thought it could be scraggly and maybe just some areas were long.

Actually @ManeStreet, I think you are past waistlength. :) Would you share your regimen?

For my regimen, is pretty simple I think.

I co-wash every week+, I moisturize and seal. Then style (thats usually either a w&g or braidout). Wear a w&g or braidout for a week+. If it starts to look crazy I bun it or clip it up.

I moisturize/refresh my curls and seal the ends everyday.

I wash when needed.

I pineapple my hair at night and wear a bonnet.

Deep condition: Once/twice a month.

Henna when I have the energy.. every two months.

Products

co-wash : tresemme naturals nourishing conditioner
moisturize/style : SM Curl Enhancing smoothie, Eco gel
seal: Oyin sugar berries pomade
moisturize/refresh: water, Oyin juices&berries, Kinky Curly style spritz
deep condition: SM Anti-Breakage masque

reggie please!!! Love your hair! Congrats. WL eludes me. I'm BSL/MBLish. Still working on it.

Back