I made a breakthrough!!( about pressing)

Ok this is weird lol but I just made a discovery after ALLLLL this dambed time!! I remember reading in a mag about how some girl in order to keep her blowouts fresh keeps her hair in a high pony at night. I do not blow dry but I do use a CHI every week and then like every 2 days in the week becuz of pesky waves and kinks and just flat hair and to freshen it up...... 2 nites ago I decided to try to pile my hair very loosely atop my head, I do this very specifically with 2 twists to make a bun and then leave the rest of the hair towards the front resting on top of my head and then just tie on a silk scarf ( I do this b4 showering also witha turbie tiwst) and amazingly my hair looks AMAZING!!! it very full and SOO silky and looks freshly washed rather than looking flat and "stale" like when I kept it in a low bun as ive been doing forever,, it seems in time for 2007 I have made a breakthru!!:D I dont have to iron it and its so full of moisture, I dont even get why this works so well but Im happy becuz this will def help maintain length since I dont have to torture my hair daily and it stays sooo moisturized,,, Im curious,, do any of u use high ponytails of any kind b4 bed????

I guess because your hair is being weighed down by its own weight and gravity when you wear it down. I have a curly/wavy half weave and I comb it to detangle and I sometimes hang it upside-down at night and the curls bounce back by the the morning. when I dont hang it upside down the curls dont bounce back like that :perplexed

Ravenhairbellydancer said:
Ok this is weird lol but I just made a discovery after ALLLLL this dambed time!! I remember reading in a mag about how some girl in order to keep her blowouts fresh keeps her hair in a high pony at night. I do not blow dry but I do use a CHI every week and then like every 2 days in the week becuz of pesky waves and kinks and just flat hair and to freshen it up...... 2 nites ago I decided to try to pile my hair very loosely atop my head, I do this very specifically with 2 twists to make a bun and then leave the rest of the hair towards the front resting on top of my head and then just tie on a silk scarf ( I do this b4 showering also witha turbie tiwst) and amazingly my hair looks AMAZING!!! it very full and SOO silky and looks freshly washed rather than looking flat and "stale" like when I kept it in a low bun as ive been doing forever,, it seems in time for 2007 I have made a breakthru!!:D I dont have to iron it and its so full of moisture, I dont even get why this works so well but Im happy becuz this will def help maintain length since I dont have to torture my hair daily and it stays sooo moisturized,,, Im curious,, do any of u use high ponytails of any kind b4 bed????

Ok, I guess I'm slow because I dont get it. What does it look like when its on top of your head. When you take it down is the hair still straight or does it have some wave or curl to it?

:.Krys.: said:
Ok, I guess I'm slow because I dont get it. What does it look like when its on top of your head. When you take it down is the hair still straight or does it have some wave or curl to it?
Yes, I am slow too. I know about doing a high ponytail, but I am not quite understanding your technique. :confused: Thanks for explaining further.

LOL im sorry,,, when i take it down its straight but not stick straight, it has like a big body wave,, its sooooooo cute,, its like I did a roller set and blew it out to 80 % and left some big waves,, when its on top of my head its simply twisted but it not a bun! its a semi bun, twisted once and the "tail is laid across the top of my head and then i tie a satin scarf on top,, hope thats clearer:look:

I think I understand what you mean. In other words, it's a high ponytail, but instead of letting your hair hang loose from it, you sort of curl it and pin it on top of your head. At least that what it sounds like.

Back