I love the Cuban Hair Wrap technique!!!

vevster

For night time, I love the method hotshot described where you use TWO rollers at the crown of the head and then wrap remaining hair around head securing with bobby pins.

I've typically wrapped using ONE roller and the second roller does make a difference.

Thanks Hotshot!!

Does it make your hair have more body or does it give your hair that sexy bump at the crown?

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
My sister always wraps her hair this ways. Give her layers a very nice lightly curled look.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly! It is great! The most important thing I do for my hair is to wrap it at night.

yep, thats what i did when i had layers/a bob.. works like a charm
smile.gif

NYCQT, its really very easy. all you do is take a section of your hair at the crown, and roll it using magnetic rollers (i used red). then wrap the rest of your hair around it.

glad to see it works! they use two or even three big leftover toilet paper rolls. so id imagine a roller that size would give the effect.

I did "el turno" a few days after hotshot posted the technique when I washed my hair. The rollerset part was beautiful (and I told myself I should start rollersetting again) but the wrap was only decent. I think I needed to do it a little tighter.

I didn't think to do it at night though. So I guess I should try that.
scratchchin.gif

...interesting...I was just reading about this the other day...if anyone is looking to have the appearance of more volume, I'm sure wrapping hair this way would help to achieve that.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
daviine said:
BTW--- Hi hotshot!
wave.gif

I know I owe you a letter---please don't be mad at me!
kiss.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

no prob!
cool.gif

I have a hair book from 1981 that talks about something similar. But they use three rollers and call it The Wraparound Set.
smile.gif

62652559.jpg

I have such a hard time wrapping my hair, I'll have to dry this. With the rollers in the top will you get the same effect is the hair is dry?

those who do this wrap...you do this on dry hair or wet?
Tbird...maybe you are asking this huh? sorry I just wanna be clear

For me, wet wraps are too much tenstion on my hair and cause breakage...I tried it a few times and it was a tangled mess and would never dry so it kept falling down and my roots were poofy on the parts that did dry. talk about a disaster!

Now I CAN wrap my hair after its been set(roller set of flat ironed)...and even that took a while to get so maybe its just me!

[ QUOTE ]
ccd said:

[/ QUOTE ]
I only wrap my hair after a roller set. I have never (and will never) wrap my hair while wet.

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
[ QUOTE ]
ccd said:

[/ QUOTE ]
I only wrap my hair after a roller set. I have never (and will never) wrap my hair while wet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I can't imagine wrapping while wet either...I just thought I 'd ask.. thanks everyone

[ QUOTE ]
Leslie_C said:
hmmm, where do u position all four? two stacked and one on each side?

[/ QUOTE ]

Precisely!
smile.gif

Back