I LOVE my Pibbs Kwik dry 514 !!!!

buffalosoldier

I'm in shock cos I've dried my roller set in 45/50 minutes! Usually a rollerset is a whole day affair for me - even with my old dryer it still took HOURS and HOURS.(Conair prostyler) My hair is very thick

Anyway I had the Pibbs on full blast and it gets HOT..I looked terrible when I came out ha ha ha all hot and sweaty.
I used the purple/ fushcia rollers with the snap on covers and could barely get in there but it was ok.

So if anyone is thinking about getting one I highly recommend. I got mine barely used off ebay for $100 (+20 for shipping)

Thanks to webby and iwantlongerhair for the rec!

webby said:
Welcome to paradise :)

BTW, when in the world are we gonna get some pics?

Pics? ...maybe one day my comp is so old

I need to get the things that cover your ears and forehead etc. Do you have them?
Im suprised at how light the dryer is..I assembled it myself and its easy to push around.

yeah its paradise -- 45 mins!! it might have even been dry before then cos I stayed under about 50 and it was bone dry.

I feel like Im stalking you :)

Hi Buffalosoldier I am glad you gave a review of this dryer. This was the dryer that I plan on ordering next month. I can't wait. Did you cover your hair with a hairnet before getting under the dryer? Also I use the purple magnetic rollers from Sallys and hopefully I will be graduating to the grey rollers by the end of the year. I was wondering if I would fit comfortably under the Pibbs 514 dryer using purple or grey rollers? (Sorry, not trying to hi-jack)

buffalosoldier said:
I need to get the things that cover your ears and forehead etc. Do you have them?

I feel like Im stalking you :)

Yes, I have them, but funny thing is I don't need them at all with the Pibbs 518. It's not hot at all. In fact, I almost returned it, because I was expecting it to be HOT like the 514. However, it dries and dried fast. I don't have my big rollers yet (picking up when I go to my mom's house this weekend) and I expected to sit under the dryer for at least 2.5 hours...I was only under for an 1.5

This is probably the first time in my life I won't be in major discomfort from either having a heavy dry to move around (as you noticed the Pibbs is light) or stuck sitting under something too hot or too slow.

BTW, stalking me? LOL..Puleeze, I have nothing stalk yet...give me a couple of years. By then, we'll be stalking each other :look:

I found my 514 doesnt get hot at all :( BS does it take awhile for your dryer to warm up or something. Im thinking I should sent it back to the manufactuer :confused:

Dana03 said:
I found my 514 doesnt get hot at all :( BS does it take awhile for your dryer to warm up or something. Im thinking I should sent it back to the manufactuer :confused:

I let it warm up for a few minutes but it gets hot as HELL. I use it on the highest heat but I have to keep adjusting it up and down to give myself breaks.

I have to cover my neck and I put socks on my ears :lol: sometimes I have to cover my forehead too.
I love it - even for deep conditioning I can notice the difference.

nikki1971 said:
Hi Buffalosoldier I am glad you gave a review of this dryer. This was the dryer that I plan on ordering next month. I can't wait. Did you cover your hair with a hairnet before getting under the dryer? Also I use the purple magnetic rollers from Sallys and hopefully I will be graduating to the grey rollers by the end of the year. I was wondering if I would fit comfortably under the Pibbs 514 dryer using purple or grey rollers? (Sorry, not trying to hi-jack)

Yes I wear a hair net. I use 24 purple rollers and it's a tight fit but I manage.

look on ebay I got mine for $100....

I really want to get one now. It's such a dilemma because it doesn't come cheap but at $50 a salon visit...hum... a thought for the mind.

Back