I love my new braids!

tami73

Just showing off a bit (as you do!) I finished doing these yesterday after 3 days with plenty of stoppages to feed and change my 8 month old but it was well worth it! I love the colour and I'm aiming to keep them in for 8 weeks with weekly dcing and daily spraying of infusium.

They are just good old ponytail braids, nothing fancy. Any tips on avoiding frizzes? I'm natural 4a.

ponytail-braids-300x225.jpg

ponytail-braids-2-300x225.jpg

Ooo they look nice! I'm contemplating getting braids for the summer....but I'm too in love with my natural hair right now!
To combat frizzies, I would say wash your hair with a stocking cap on it and make sure you tie a scarf around them before you sleep.
You did a great job!

I like them too. About avoiding frizz, washing with a stocking cap as Christ3n suggested might work. Or putting them in big plaits and focusing on shampooing your scalp and only cleaning the braids as diluted shampoo runs through them, and squeezing gently instead of piling them up on your head and being rough.

Oh yes! I can't believe I'd forgotten about that! I used to wash in big plaits then immediately afterwards tie a scarf at the front and my hair woud dry flat with no frizzing!

Great job! Doesnt it feel good knowing you saved all that money!:yep:

yep absolutely. even better is the fact that i won't have my hands in my hair every day now and i can retain some length. Ive got that hand in the hair disease bad!

Back