I LOVE Flaxseed Oil!... Challenge Anyone?

BUMP for updates....

today i havent had to use anything on my hair, just a lil Avo'coco Crene for the roots (regrowth baby!) and thats it!

my hair is shiny and juicay!

:grin:

I just ordered it, sweetie. And I got my flaxseed capsules today as well. I took this for a long time years ago and never had skin, dryness, or menstrual problems. I don't know why I stopped.:ohwell:

My flaxseed usage is going great, a good week into it now, I love my flaxseed combination liquid plus I eat organic hot cereal in the mornings now made with flaxseed...Taste takes some getting used to but I am def feeling its benifits, Thanks Candy_C for shedding some light on this topic for me

My flaxseed usage is going great, a good week into it now, I love my flaxseed combination liquid plus I eat organic hot cereal in the mornings now made with flaxseed...Taste takes some getting used to but I am def feeling its benifits, Thanks Candy_C for shedding some light on this topic for me

Yay! keep going with it, your hair will thank you for it

What brand did you use (liquid oil)? Thanks. Currently I’m taking a fish/flax/borage oil combo, but I think I may purchase a liquid oil to take!

How are you finding it?

I rarely need lotion anymore...I can't really tell the difference in my hair using it because I also take horsetail silica, msm and b-complex....I guess the combination of all of those products are giving me great results with my hair and nails because my nails are rock hard and are growing at a very fast pace. My hair texture is looser, (resulting in a very nice looking wng) it's shiny, and detangles very easily. :yep:

Well I finally broke down and purchased some flaxseed oil... didn't want to because I was trying to use up my coconut oil..but...the flaxseed oil I bought has coconut oil in it :) In fact it has organic flaxseed oil, organic coconut oil, borage, organic sunflower, and perilla.

This is the ingredient list :
Other Ingredients: Organic flax oil (seed), perilla oil (seed), organic sunflower oil (seed), borage oil (seed), organic sesame oil (seed), organic coconut oil, rice bran and germ oil, soy lecithin, rosemary extract, tocotrienols (from rice bran oil).

It's by country life and it is the vegetarian Omega 3-6-9 liquid formula.
Oh, it also has no preservatives, artificial color or flavor, sweetener, corn, starch, wheat, gluten, sodium, sugar, lactose, yeast, nut products.

Did you get this at Whole Foods or online? Thanks!

When you guys say 'upset stomach' are you referring to loose bowels? If so, i need to be on this like white on rice, b/c it takes bricks to move my bowels.... sorry :lachen:.
Anyway, I am going to try the liquid one. I know it's good for regularity but I never wanted to taste the liquid. Geez, is it really that bad.. i figure a tablespoo can't kill me. Is this the lemon one you all are referring to ?
See the bottom of the page..
http://www.barleans.com/flaxoil.asp#

Re: I LOVE Flax seed Oil!... Challenge Anyone?

Okay, I'm in. This will be my first time trying out flaxseed oil. One question though, I am also planning on taking silica as well. Is this a bad combination, or can I take silica but on different days of the week?

Anyone have info on the bolded?:ohwell::spinning:

Ok, I just bought a bottle of liquid flaxseed oil on my lunch break. This is some nasty ish :nono: ... I will continue to take it though :barf: .

Re: I LOVE Flax seed Oil!... Challenge Anyone?

Anyone have info on the bolded?:ohwell::spinning:

As far as i know, your should be ok using these supplements together.
If you find your hair becoming too greasy, or your skin, cut down on one, and access the difference :yep:

Count me in. I just started Monday. I put flax oil in my cottage cheese with pineapples and it's good that way. No problems so far.

Thanks for the challenge.

I just bought Udo's high lignan 3-6-9 oil blend with flax, borage, coconut and sunflower (and other) oils from Whole Foods. I was told that flax oil (liquid) should be kept refrigerated at all times, and that it's best if it's bought cold. I am returning the Country Life Flax oil I bought from vitamin shoppe, since it wasn't refrigerated.

Ok, I just bought a bottle of liquid flaxseed oil on my lunch break. This is some nasty ish :nono: ... I will continue to take it though :barf: .

You got that right :lachen:. I had my husband smell it and he said it smell like :barf: , lol. Men are so funny, but gotta luv em.

I just got a bottle yesterday and I took one (1000mg) with dinner. Um, I think it made me itch. :perplexed It felt like things were crawling on me about 30min. after I took it and it lasted maybe 1hour. Do you think it was the flaxseed? Has this happened to anyone? I going to take one again tonight and see if the same thing happens. If so I won't be joining this challenge.:nono:

lol :lachen:

i know i know it tastes like cr*p, but seriousley, you wont eb able to live without this stuff!

Please stick with us!!

After a month i say we check in with updates, results, bad/good experiences! :grin:

I just bought Udo's high lignan 3-6-9 oil blend with flax, borage, coconut and sunflower (and other) oils from Whole Foods. I was told that flax oil (liquid) should be kept refrigerated at all times, and that it's best if it's bought cold. I am returning the Country Life Flax oil I bought from vitamin shoppe, since it wasn't refrigerated.

I think that applies to after it's been opened. After you break the seal you need to refrigerate but I'm not 100% sure on this. I sure hope that's how it goes cuz I got two huge bottles just sitting around the house (un-opened).

Back