I lost my texture...for good???

DonnaDi31Proverbi

Hi, I'm not new to LHCF, but I am newly subscribed. Anyhoo...I recently texlaxed my hair after being natural for about a year and a half. I used a JFM Texture Softener and got the exact wavy/curly look I wanted. So a few days later I blowdried and flat iron, using a heat protection spray. I did go a little overboard with the flat iron, but not that much, and I used heat protection each time. Now I've co-washed my hair and its drying into a bushy mess. There are some slight small waves, but all my curliness is gone. Is this permanent, or do I need to give my hair time to get itself back together? Would a protein treatment work?

TIA

I think a protein treatment might work.

I dont want to tell you to use a hard core protein like aphogee.
Maybe someone else can chime in.

Hi, I'm not new to LHCF, but I am newly subscribed. Anyhoo...I recently texlaxed my hair after being natural for about a year and a half. I used a JFM Texture Softener and got the exact wavy/curly look I wanted. So a few days later I blowdried and flat iron, using a heat protection spray. I did go a little overboard with the flat iron, but not that much, and I used heat protection each time. Now I've co-washed my hair and its drying into a bushy mess. There are some slight small waves, but all my curliness is gone. Is this permanent, or do I need to give my hair time to get itself back together? Would a protein treatment work?

TIA

WELCOME!!!

and as SOON as possible, do a hardcore protein treatment (like aphogee).

this will restore some of the lost proteins to your hair, and the sooner you do it, the more it will help to restore your curl pattern.

i learned this the hard way when i did one 3 days after a relaxer; all my results reverted completely.

then after that, do a deep moisturizing treatment, and you should be okay!

TIA

I would've used a regular shampoo followed by protein and moisturizing treatments. Heat protectant buildup might be the cause of the hair drying up like that.

WELCOME!!!

and as SOON as possible, do a hardcore protein treatment (like aphogee).

this will restore some of the lost proteins to your hair, and the sooner you do it, the more it will help to restore your curl pattern.

i learned this the hard way when i did one 3 days after a relaxer; all my results reverted completely.

then after that, do a deep moisturizing treatment, and you should be okay!

Would you shout that from the roof tops please? There are still people that don't believe that hard protein used too soon after relaxing can cause reversion.

Donna, I have heard of people losing their textures due to heat damage. Best of luck though. :up:

Back