I learned TWO new things about my hair!(what have you learned this year?)

Hidden_Angel

I've learned that protective styles are a MOST for my natural hair.
Around my nape area I had about '1 to '2s of new growth and I took out like two of my braids just so i can play in the new growth and forgot to braid it back up...

2 weeks later the hair (1-2 inchs) is no longer there! :lachen: I swear to you not, its short and choppy I was like what the heck???? So know I know that I have to have protective styles also not wear wooly fabrics unless my hair is up or in a protective style.

Also I found out my 14 yr bro and i have the same hair type 4A, he hadn't had a hair cut in a while and it looks to be 4a/4bish

Putting conditioner my hair like a relaxer is best for me. It makes my hair very thick!

And a light protein treament goes a long way for me!

MonaRae

Hidden_Angel said:
I've learned that protective styles are a MOST for my natural hair.
Around my nape area I had about '1 to '2s of new growth and I took out like two of my braids just so i can play in the new growth and forgot to braid it back up...

2 weeks later the hair (1-2 inchs) is no longer there! :lachen: I swear to you not, its short and choppy I was like what the heck???? So know I know that I have to have protective styles also not wear wooly fabrics unless my hair is up or in a protective style.

Also I found out my 14 yr bro and i have the same hair type 4A, he hadn't had a hair cut in a while and it looks to be 4a/4bish

:lol: that's funny! i've learned that my hair is naturally black not mouse brown like i used to think (because of it was never healthy). i've also learned to flatiron only with creme press because the heat protectant sprays don't provide enough control so my hair ends up poofy.

I had learned too late NEVER EVER use Dr. Miracles Feel it Relaxer!
I had used it for the first time this weekend and I have a sensitive scalp.
I had bought the mild relaxer.

Tell me why 1 minute into me having the relaxer in my hair, that death trap burned right through my skin like acid! If you see my side and temple areas!
Almost all the skin has peeled off and it is white, red and sore. I can't wash my hair for two weeks and I am hoping when my scalp heals that I won't lose any hair on the side because I was really trying to strengthen those areas.

I am seriosuly thinking of suing Dr. Miracles for putting such a potent product like that that will cause such damage to one's scalp!

Never have I ever been burned like that!
icon8.gif

I've learned that the puff is my saving grace:D
That natural hair doesn't have to be dry and unmanagable
That devacurl is the truth:cool:
And finally that sometimes having some frizz is nice

:eek: what? wow.. Ya, you need to go head and do that! because if that happen to my scaple there would be hell to pay

daoriginaldiva said:
I had learned too late NEVER EVER use Dr. Miracles Feel it Relaxer!
I had used it for the first time this weekend and I have a sensitive scalp.
I had bought the mild relaxer.

Tell me why 1 minute into me having the relaxer in my hair, that death trap burned right through my skin like acid! If you see my side and temple areas!
Almost all the skin has peeled off and it is white, red and sore. I can't wash my hair for two weeks and I am hoping when my scalp heals that I won't lose any hair on the side because I was really trying to strengthen those areas.

I am seriosuly thinking of suing Dr. Miracles for putting such a potent product like that that will cause such damage to one's scalp!

Never have I ever been burned like that!
icon8.gif

:eek: I am so sorry to hear what happened to you! Try some aloe vera naturally from the plant on those burns. Just snap the plant leaf and squeeze the juice out. I know it always helped me when I got relaxer burns on my scalp. I don't know if the other ladies here know of another remedy to help you but I wish you luck on your recovery ;) Sue 'em girl! Sue 'em good too!

I learned four things this year:

My hair really does grow about a 1/2 inch a month and all these years I and my beauticians have been breaking it off as quick as I grow it.

To stop breakage at the demacration line I have to use protien, like Keraphix.

It's possible for me (a 4a4b) to stretch 12+ weeks with little breakage as long as I keep my hair moisturized, reduce manipulation and bun, frenchroll or use other protective styles starting at week 6.

It's possible for me (an African American) to have waist length healthy hair in 3 years if I make lifestyle changes that are healthy for me and my hair.

I am learning right now that I can stretch for longer than I thought. Iw as due to relax this past weekend but my hair is in really good condition so I'm not going to bother it.

I've also learned to be more comfortable with the fluff factor. The biggest thing I've learned so far this year is that my routine can be super simple, and still super effective.

Plaits are my hair's best friend
Deep conditioning constantly (2x per week) will make my hair fell da BOMB!!!

Me and my hair have learned that deep conditioning at least once a week is wonderful :love:...and that we love water based daily moisturizers, especially NTM silk touch :thumbsup:

Oh...and that using a flat iron everyday is bad bad bad!!! :swearing:

I have learned that 8-9 weeks is it for me as far as stretching goes
Me and aveda damage remedy are friends
My scalp loves the suphur in boundless tresses
My hair does best when deep conditioned with mositurizing conditioners that have a little protien (Aveda damage remedy, and I can use keraphix everywash without messing up my protien/moisture balance)
My hair misses design essentials shampoo, me and creme of nature are no longer friends

Back