I know this has been asked but could anyone guide me in doing an Apple Cider Vinegar

Re: I know this has been asked but could anyone guide me in doing an Apple Cider Vine

I do mine after I shampoo but before I deep Condition.

I use 1/4 ACV and 3/4 water mix in a applicator squirt bottle. Put it on my scalp and hair(massage lightly). Let sit for no longer than 3-5 mins then rinse in luke warm water then apply my deep conditioner.

Some do this after a deep conditioner some do it before.

ETA: But My ACV days are over. I found Roux Porosity Control and I am in Luv.

Re: I know this has been asked but could anyone guide me in doing an Apple Cider Vine

Lots of people have different techniques. Depending on what they think it does for their hair. I only use it the way it makes sense to me, considering what an ACV rinse actually does. Shampoos and conditioners are bases. ACV is just slightly acidic enough to bring the hair's pH balance to where it is naturally.

After I wash and condition, I dilute the ACV with water, and pour it on once I've rinsed out everything else. Once my hair is saturated with the dilution, I rinse it out.

ACV also helps the cuticle lie a little bit flatter, so that helps with de-tangling after washing.

I do mine after I shampoo but before I deep Condition.

I use 1/4 ACV and 3/4 water mix in a applicator squirt bottle. Put it on my scalp and hair(massage lightly). Let sit for no longer than 3-5 mins then rinse in luke warm water then apply my deep conditioner.

Some do this after a deep conditioner some do it before.

ETA: But My ACV days are over. I found Roux Porosity Control and I am in Luv.

Do you use Roux in the same manner?

Do you use Roux in the same manner?

Well this was my first time using Roux PC and by gosh I never knew it was so wonderful. From the ladies on here they use it after they condition. So I thought I would use it that way as well. So I washed, Deep Conditioned then use Roux PC. Next time I said I will use it before my Deep Conditioner like I did my AVC rinse and see if i get the same results.

But the Roux is like a billion times better than ACV rinse, IMO.

ETA: I don't water down the Roux PC like with ACV! I use it straight out the bottle!

OT but if you mix 1 part ACV and 2 part water, it makes a good skin toner. It's cleared up my skin.

thanx for starting this thread

Boing Boing - do you use the Roux Porosity Control conditioner? Do you rinse it out?
Thanks

I also do it to smooth down my cuticle and remove impurities from water as I live in extremely hard water area. I do it after my DC. I mix a cup of ACV to a 2litre bottle of purified water. I rinse out with cool water to keep the cuticle smooth.

Back