I know they were talking about me in spanish

• Thread starter Thread starter JenniferMD
  • Start date Start date
J

JenniferMD

because I didn't want them to trim my ends. I took my braids out and went to a Dominican Salon for a blow out and the lady who washed my hair told me I needed my ends trimmed. I knew this, so I told her I'd clip my ends myself...then she started talkin' that spanish and I knew she was talking about me, cause everybody's eyes were on me afterward. But I didn't care, I just sat there and read my book while she proceeded to NOT clip my ends. When the blow-out was done she told me that my "curls could have been more defined if I had let her trim my ends". OH WELL, I still loved my hair. I wasn't about to let someone I don't even know come close to my hair with scissors.

Other than that, my Dominican experience was wonderful. I love my bouncy hair and the edges look like I got a fresh relaxer. It's been 8 months since my last relaxer and I will be going back to the salon in a month for a texturizer. I'm going to use the Affirm lye.

I know that sucks. Even though she may have done a good job, that was very unprofessional of her to do that. I'm glad you liked your do and don't feel bad b/c you don't let just anyone trim your hair.

WTG on holding your ground! Do you know any Spanish, can you remember what she said maybe I can help translate. I bet your hair looks gorgeous! I think a texturizer is a good choice for you, you can wear your hair straight or curly.
smile.gif

Congrats! You stood your ground.
clap.gif
Rock on with your bad self! You definately have tons of self control. I would've said something. "Que pasa?" Asked them 'what's up?'. Talk to me in English
angeldevil.gif

Bree, be strong...This was my first time saying no to a stylist. I've always just gone along with trims because I thought they knew what they were doing, but not anymore. And I don't know why I haven't done it before now because for some strange reason I thought they wouldn't take "no" for an answer. Every slyist who's trimmed my hair, it seems like they look for the shortest piece of hair on my head and even out the rest of my hair from that piece. No more!

Ms_Kenesha - I know a little bit of spanish but I never took conversation spanish. It makes a world of difference when you put all those words together.
smile.gif
I didn't even try to decipher what was being said because it really didn't matter; I was leaving out of there with the service rendered and thats all I cared about (I couldn't go another day with all that newgrowth).

Tammy - I have to take a picture of my hair to really see the growth. I pinned my hair up after leaving the salon because I LOVE pin ups!

[ QUOTE ]
andreamaria said:
Congrats! You stood your ground.
clap.gif
Rock on with your bad self! You definately have tons of self control. I would've said something. "Que pasa?" Asked them 'what's up?'. Talk to me in English
angeldevil.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...you are a trip! I wanted to, but it was like 10 to 1.

smile.gif
Thats good. I am slowly learning to say NO, too... A couple of bad trips will teach ya
crazy.gif

Don't worry about them talking about you in spanish, cause if they really had something to say, like adreamaria, the could've said it in english
smile.gif

how long would you have to wait to get a texturizer if your hair is relaxed? and what happens to your relaxed ends?

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
You go girl! More people need to take a stand when it comes to their hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

smile.gif

Good for you!! The same thing happened to me. I know they were talking about me too. I basically told her please don't start the relaxer around my edges (like she was doing everyone else
crazy.gif
). Then there she went talking to her friends. Truth be told, Iwas very uncomfortable. I'm glad you stood your ground.

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
Good for you!! The same thing happened to me. I know they were talking about me too. I basically told her please don't start the relaxer around my edges (like she was doing everyone else
crazy.gif
). Then there she went talking to her friends. Truth be told, Iwas very uncomfortable. I'm glad you stood your ground.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you get Luisa? She started mine in the middle, she was so good she even rinsed part of my head earlier (middle to the front) so that it wouldn't get overprocessed. She was easily my best relaxer experience
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
honeydrop215 said:
how long would you have to wait to get a texturizer if your hair is relaxed? and what happens to your relaxed ends?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure, but I have A LOT of newgrowth so I'm going to get the texturizer on my next visit and slowly cut off the relaxed ends.

Oh, and somebody asked if I plan on posting pics. Yes, I'll post them tonight once I get home from work.

[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you get Luisa? She started mine in the middle, she was so good she even rinsed part of my head earlier (middle to the front) so that it wouldn't get overprocessed. She was easily my best relaxer experience
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately I didn't get her. Someone else snatched me up too fast. I was watching Luisa though and she was the only one doing a good job to me.

When I went in the salon, I didn't know which sign-in sheet to use. Lucias or Carmen? I closed my eyes and signed in for Carmen. Carmen was nice, but she didn't say anything to me other than her comment about the my curls and that she is flexible with the relaxers they use. I saw another lady (I wish I got her name) put in a relaxer and she did a wonderful job, I hope Carmen is just as gentle.

Thank you ladies, I just have to make sure my hair comes in NO contact with water.
smile.gif

That's okay--they'll do that to the wrong (bilingual) sister one day
smile.gif
Glad your hair is looking gorgeous though. I wish I could get my roots that straight when I've not had a touch up. Oh--and your ends look FINE to me
up.gif

Back