I know it's bad but I had to do it

leona2025

Ok so I usually like to stretch my relaxers 10 to 12 weeks. Yesterday I relaxed and I'm only 6 weeks post. 3 weeks after doing my home relaxer I went to the salon for a trim and the stylist was like girl you need a relaxer. I had relaxed with ORS regular no lye relaxer. I was happy with the silky feeling, but my hair wasn't bone straight. My edges had even began to nap and those are usually the last to go so imagine what the crown was like. So I relaxed with and old favorite. Optimum No Lye and this time I used the Super because I have tried a lot of regular strength relaxers and they were not getting it. Usually in the shower even after a relaxer when I wash my hair I can still feel curly roots. Ya'll I was screaming oh my goodness the roots are straight.:lachen::lachen:I haven't had really straight roots ever. Even when I have had a stylist relax my roots were never straight. I don't know if this means I have to use super relaxers now. My hair isn't particular coarse, but I think it's very resistant. I'm loving it at this moment, lol. I put in a few large flex rods and now I have big curls. So will I have to use super for now on?

Your hair looks really pretty! What size flexi rods did you use? The grey ones? I want some of those things, they look way easier and faster than rollersetting

If you continue using super relaxers, you HAVE to stretch, girl! Don't make me :spank:

Your hair looks gorgeous!! I love Optimum relaxer.6 weeks though?? :blush: I have never known anyone who actually needed super relaxer. I think it's all in how long you leave it on and how you work the perm while it's on your hair. I used super once, can we say "sizzlin' sista?"

Your hair looks really pretty! What size flexi rods did you use? The grey ones? I want some of those things, they look way easier and faster than rollersetting

If you continue using super relaxers, you HAVE to stretch, girl! Don't make me :spank:
Oh I like stretching. It's only when I relax and the hair stills looks like I'm stretching that there's a problem, lol. I used the purple flexi rods in the back and the blue in the front. My hair is cut into layers so I snapped a few 1 inch magnetics in the front. I do do this instead of roller setting. It's so much easier and quicker. I don't mind sleeping on them.

Your hair looks gorgeous!! I love Optimum relaxer.6 weeks though?? :blush: I have never known anyone who actually needed super relaxer. I think it's all in how long you leave it on and how you work the perm while it's on your hair. I used super once, can we say "sizzlin' sista?"

Girl i didn't feel any burn and I don't have any chemical burn. Relaxers usually don't burn me. I hate that I had to do it at 6 weeks, but for the last year or so I have not had really straight hair. My naps in the crown just laughed at the regular relaxers. When I first started with the relaxers I was using super, but because of poor hair care practices (I use to pull the relaxer from root to tip every touch up) I switched to regular to thicken it up.

i dont know about a super relaxer since i have never used one. but after i relax my hair is still curly too but i flat iron often so it doesnt bother me.
your curls are beautiful. i have the big purple flexi rods and am going to put like 4-5 big curls in my hair tonight.

i dont know about a super relaxer since i have never used one. but after i relax my hair is still curly too but i flat iron often so it doesnt bother me.
your curls are beautiful. i have the big purple flexi rods and am going to put like 4-5 big curls in my hair tonight.

That's exactly how I roll mine. I try to not use heat as much as possible, but I have been flat ironing 1 time a week lately. Hopefully I can cut that down, but I doubt it. I wash and condition at leat 1 time a week and I always flat iron after.
26-vi.jpg

I love your hair! Hopefully now that you got it the way you want you can go back to stretching 10 to 12 weeks.

Back