I know I'm Late but I have fell in love with Coconut Oil :)

Mars_Reiko

When I was at work yesterday, I stumbled across some organic coconut oil in the heath food section. I've heard some good things about it on this board, so I decided to just go ahead and give it a try. I put it some on before I braided up my hair for the night. Well, in the morning I was extremely pleased at how well my braid-out looked. I like mine more wavy than crinkly lol. And with the oil added, it came out perfect. It also done wonders for my ends. Coconut oil is definitely gonna be one of my staples :)

1022081233_0001.jpg

This jar was close to $7, but it should last me a long time:)

Here's how my hair looked when I came home from school.
1022081232_0001.jpg

I love this stuff!

I love this stuff too! It makes my hair so soft!!! I really wish someone had told me about it years ago or that I'd found this forum:D

Ahhh...coconut oil. I use the Parachute brand. I detangled last night with Lush's Coolaulin Conditioner and added in some coconut oil to seal the moisture in. I woke up smelling of toffee!! My hair smelled just like a Werther's Original candy :yep:

Yes, I luv coconut oil! I have very thick hair and coconut oil works very well with my hair texture. The last bottle that I bought was a few months ago at the supermarket. There were 2 women in the aisle and they asked me how I used coconut oil in cooking and if I had any recipes. Cooking! :lick:
I said, 'No, this is going on my hair!" They were shocked!!! :perplexed

:spinning: :yep:

i havent used my coconut oil in a while but im gonna have to start back. lately i have been using vatika frosting.

what aisle is coconut oil in?
Cooking oil aisle.

But I love me some EVCO mines run about 10 bucks at Wally World. I use it on my hair when I braid to wear my LF. I want to start using it more after I get this upcoming relaxer.

I absolutely LOVES me some coconut oil. Don't worry about being late. I heard about people raving about it and I shrugged it off because other stuff like ORS was raved about and that stuff made my hair shed. I wasn't into all natural then. When I realized that my ultra sensitive hair only likes natural I gave coconut oil a try. WOW is all I can say. Some people can't use it and I would wonder if they could be allergic to nuts somehow...just a thought.

ETA~ I used to get mine at Wal-Mart and it was $10. EVCO at that. Then I got online and saw EXTRA VIRGIN COCONUT OIL at vitacost.com for $4 for the same size! WHAT?!?!?! Now I have it set up to ship every 45 days and the charge my card so I don't have to worry about running out! Now how's that???

Don't you just love it? I am a coconut oil fiend even before I became obsessed with hair. I cook with it, eat it plain, put it on my skin, use it in baths. I love it too!

My sister bought that same jar at Whole Foods and its lasted months

I LOOOOVE coconut oil. Keeps my hair moisturized and soft.

Don't you just love it? I am a coconut oil fiend even before I became obsessed with hair. I cook with it, eat it plain, put it on my skin, use it in baths. I love it too!

Me too! I take EVcoconut capsules, I slather it on my body out of the shower and put it in my hair afterwards. Any left over on my hands after I do my hair I just rub on my face or neck or wherever. It's truly an oil of the gods!:grin:

It's my favorite, too. I think I got mine at puritansale.com .But do you all continue to use it in winter? It turns solid so quickly, seems like even in the 60s maybe 50s it starts to turn solid on my hair.

shoot u only paid 7 bucks for that? i paid 12 for half that size and the same brand too...but yes, it is the bomb!

I use the spectrum brand as well. its my hair grease lol. I have used it in the winter and it does make my hair kind of stiff when I go outside but once I get in the car or get to where I'm going, all is well!

I have the same brand and mostly use it on my two year old..It is a wonder..I love it on me too, but it keeps her scalp/hair moisturized for days!!

Coconut just doesn't work for me. It just sits on top of my hair. I love the smell and use it for other things but I just can't figure out what to make it work better for my hair. Has anyone else had this problem and solved it?

When I was at work yesterday, I stumbled across some organic coconut oil in the heath food section. I've heard some good things about it on this board, so I decided to just go ahead and give it a try. I put it some on before I braided up my hair for the night. Well, in the morning I was extremely pleased at how well my braid-out looked. I like mine more wavy than crinkly lol. And with the oil added, it came out perfect. It also done wonders for my ends. Coconut oil is definitely gonna be one of my staples :)

1022081233_0001.jpg

This jar was close to $7, but it should last me a long time:)

Here's how my hair looked when I came home from school.
1022081232_0001.jpg

I love this stuff!

I love it. this is the one I use.

Back