I just want to cry and die...maybe I'll have to be a relaxed head forever (Update)

ThursdayGirl

Ok so its about 2 weeks since I wrote my intial post lamenting the troubles I was having with detangling my hair. Since then...I have tried some of your suggestions and as of last night.... I am back to the normal amount of shedding that I had when I was fully relaxed :D .

Here's what seems to be working:

1. Got my hair cut to get rid of split ends and to shorten it a little. She probably cut off 2 inches...no more.. and now I have a cute style to boot!

2. Sectioned my hair into quadrants for the wash and only washed with conditioner... no shampoo (I think the shampoo helped dry my hair enough to cause more tangles)

3. Tried a pre-treatment before the wash (Suave tropical coconut mixed with honey)

4. Made sure I kept the hair going in one direction from start to finish during the wash out. (Washed out with Suave Humectant)

5. Deep conditioned with Aubrey GPB (my holy grail conditioner)

6. Did basically everything in quadrants (detangling...drying...etc.) and kept my hair in bantu knots while it wasn't being manipulated.

So I am much happier... and hope that I can keep this up for the remainder of my transition.

Just a note... I think part of my problem was not combing all of the shed hairs out successfully and my hair needed moisture moisture moisture... though I had deep conditioned etc. it seems it wasn't enough.

In closing, I wanted to especially thank:

hOnii
tryn2growmyhair
PhoneyBaloney500
so1913
Bublnbrnsuga
Enchantmnt
hopeful
nurseN98
jainygirl
GodMadeMePretty
Satrina
brickhouse
Ayeshia
Alli77
caligirl
isubabiedee
Divastate
Bap28
dontspeakdefeat
pookeylou
BlackCardinal
honeycomb719
Netta1
and last but certainly not least Metro_qt

for your support, suggestions and PMs. They truely helped me through
my dilema! :kiss:

Last edited:
I am so glad to read your update :grin: !!! I'm happy that things are finally falling into place for you as far as your transition routine. I hated that you were so sad before, i just wanted to give you a big ole hug. No one should feel deprived of being naturally if that's what they want :kiss:. -- jainygirl

Last edited:
Back