I just threw away my flat iron...

blueabyss333

...and it feeeels so GOOD! It's buried deep in the trash.

I ALWAYS do this to myself. For some reason, in July and August for the past two years and this year September, I always use the flat iron one too many times. I also experience breakage at the change of seasons (summer to fall). For that moment, I think my hair is fine. Then, I end up suffering the consequences a few weeks later.:wallbash: The same thing happened to me last year around the same time in October and I ended up big chopping to above my shoulders. That was not pleasant and I seriously wanted to cry.

I've had breakage for a few weeks now and tried different things to stop it. Every time I would run my fingers through my hair little pieces and strands caught up in my ends would come out. I know from last year's experience that I simply need a trim. But I didn't cut too much off, actually, less than an inch. I would really like to cut it to make it even since my sides are growing in but I'm not BCing again.

I just had to get that off my chest- that I made one big step to saving my hair and I'm learning from past experience.:rolleyes: I HAVE to stay away from the heat and do more protective styling EVERYDAY. I'm going to make APL by summer 2008...I AM GOING TO!

P.S. This summer I camped out for 35 days and all I did was wash-n-gos 1-4x a week and when it poofed out I wore two french braids. My hair flourished! I get back to society and ruin it.:wallbash:

I would absolutely go into cardiac arrest if I did not have my flat iron. I would have to wait until I am fully natural to be able to endure that.

Me and my relaxer/transitioning self will have to be one with the flat iron until further notice :)

...and it feeeels so GOOD! It's buried deep in the trash.

I ALWAYS do this to myself. For some reason, in July and August for the past two years and this year September, I always use the flat iron one too many times. I also experience breakage at the change of seasons (summer to fall). For that moment, I think my hair is fine. Then, I end up suffering the consequences a few weeks later.:wallbash: The same thing happened to me last year around the same time in October and I ended up big chopping to above my shoulders. That was not pleasant and I seriously wanted to cry.

I've had breakage for a few weeks now and tried different things to stop it. Every time I would run my fingers through my hair little pieces and strands caught up in my ends would come out. I know from last year's experience that I simply need a trim. But I didn't cut too much off, actually, less than an inch. I would really like to cut it to make it even since my sides are growing in but I'm not BCing again.

I just had to get that off my chest- that I made one big step to saving my hair and I'm learning from past experience.:rolleyes: I HAVE to stay away from the heat and do more protective styling EVERYDAY. I'm going to make APL by summer 2008...I AM GOING TO!

P.S. This summer I camped out for 35 days and all I did was wash-n-gos 1-4x a week and when it poofed out I wore two french braids. My hair flourished! I get back to society and ruin it.:wallbash:

Ooooh offer it to someone that needs it :) HHG

Back