I Just Cannot Do It!

motherx2esq

I cannot flat iron! I have tried and tried and my hair comes out looking like I did not do anything to it! What am I doing wrong? I mean I use Chi heat protectant and I have ceramics. My ends just never look as good and when my sister's friend does it. We have the same flat iron and I am still not doing it. Does anyone have a video of them flat ironing that can help me. I am feeling so defeated right now. I do not flat iron on the regular but when I do I want it to look nice! PLUS I did not make APL but I will still post my pictures! HELP!

I've noticed it's all in the flip of the wrist...I'll see what I can find on you tube. In the mean time BUMPPPPPPPPP

How sleek do you want it? And are you using any products to promote "flatness" like a conditioner made to "smooth down" your cuticle? Are you blow drying or stretching the hair first?

How sleek do you want it? And are you using any products to promote "flatness" like a conditioner made to "smooth down" your cuticle? Are you blow drying or stretching the hair first?

Last nigt I relaxed, dced, air dried over night, then dried fully this morning on low heat. Flat ironed using Chi heat protectant on each section and there is nothing silky about my ends. I mean they are not horrible but also not that silky look hair I see all over this darn board by women who are DIY so I know it can be done. What do you suggest using?

For me the two biggest parts that determine how its going to look are drying very smooth, and using something while ironing that will seal/sit on the cuticles to give them a smooth feel and look

You may also need a trim, not because of split ends, but to give your ends a blunt look---that makes a big difference.

I notice to dry smooth its all about combing it very good, and or using heat
Blowdring--comb and heat
Wet wraps and rollersets---combing the the hair smooth, heat
Airdrying in bantusets, braids, ponytails, buns----All combing very smooth

Then for me, i need to use a serum, or pressing oil even better to get really smooth hair----heat protectant sprays dont make my hair silky :nono:

Subscribing to this thread, because I'm not a good flat-ironer either.

My Fhi is catching dust...:ohwell:

If you want sleek, rollerset it first, then flat iron and wrap it. Make sure to use some sort of conditioner or setting "lotion" etc that promotes flatness.

For me the two biggest parts that determine how its going to look are drying very smooth, and using something while ironing that will seal/sit on the cuticles to give them a smooth feel and look

You may also need a trim, not because of split ends, but to give your ends a blunt look---that makes a big difference.

I notice to dry smooth its all about combing it very good, and or using heat
Blowdring--comb and heat
Wet wraps and rollersets---combing the the hair smooth, heat
Airdrying in bantusets, braids, ponytails, buns----All combing very smooth

Then for me, i need to use a serum, or pressing oil even better to get really smooth hair----heat protectant sprays dont make my hair silky :nono:

Forgot to mention that as well I normally use Chi Silk Infusions.

Wash, blow dry straight(comb attachment) with heat protectant and some type of leave in or air dry with silk scarf(leave in), apply serum and flat iron.

I'm not sure if there is a special technique but my flat iron came out okay.

I deep conditioned on dry hair then washed & added my leave-in to my wet hair as well as FHI hot sauce. I rollerset my hair and then used my ceramic styler/dryer to stretch my roots. I used lots of Nexxus Heat Protexx - maybe too much since my hair was a bit moist.

I then flat ironed my hair and used more heat protexx on each section.
It was difficult to get the back but it came out okay.

It took 4 hours so next time I will just flat iron the roots and do the saran wrap technique.
http://public.fotki.com/RegsWife/second-attempt-at-f/

Back