I haven't posted hair photos since 2009...

butter_pecan

...so here are some shots of my hair in its current state. Curly and straight...still trying to figure out my hair type though. 3B maybe?

Eta: What length would my hair be considered?

Thanks ladies :)

image-999796220.jpg

***ADDING MY REGIMEN***
What I use
Deep conditioner: Silicon Mix (once/twice a week, depending on how dry my ends are looking or if I need extra slip)
Regular conditioner: Tressume Flawless curls conditioner (I use this more so as a leave-in; I don't really get build up because I wash my hair weekly)
Shampoo: I'm using Aussie Moist right now and really like it. The Creme of Nature shampoo in the orange bottle is good as well.
Oils: I swear by my Vatika coconut oil and Pure Shea Cocoa Mango Hair Oil (black-owned company, too!!)
Other: Beautiful Textures Curl Control pudding (to alleviate frizz) and Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie (if I need additional conditioning after applying my leave-in).
Styling tools: Wide-tooth shower comb by Conair that I bought from Target. I swear by my Denman brush to untangle my curls, as well. I comb/brush on wet hair only! On dry hair, I just finger comb and carefully pull tangles apart, careful not to snag my ends.

What I do
I rarely use heat because I play soccer/do the gym really often. I may straighten my hair a few times a year. I just let the Dominicans straighten my hair (I go in with my hair already shampooed, with my Silicon Mix conditioner already in so they can just rinse). I also maintain a clean diet. And when I stopped stressing over growth, it seriously grew a lot! I am very low-maintenance. And I only cut my ends annually.

Last edited:
Beautiful hair!

Your hair looks like you could cut it to chin length and it would be back grazing hip length in 2.5 years.

Congratulations on all the growth!!!
You and your hair are beautiful.

I would say 3a/b and hip length, like others said above me...

Back